Terrible neck pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I haven't been on here for about a year, but I am having the most terrible pain right now. On the usual meds. pain killers and anti inflammatory but they are not helping. Went to docs todaybut no great help unfortunately, didn't really expect much from him anyway.

My neck muscles are just so painful now, they feel stiff and almost ridged.

Sorry just had to tell someone this.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Backspin Alien. Sounds like you are having terrible muscle spasms there. Do you have any muscle relaxants? I have diazepam in the house for emergencies like that and unfortunately those and heat are the only things that really help with them.

I've been put on some new meds to help ward spasms off and to deal with the never ending toothache in my arms. Pregabalin helps but has made me 2 stone heavier, but my favourite by far is the amitriptyline, it's amazing, it even kills much of the sciatica I get too. I have also found (cant believe it's taken me 13 years to work it out) wearing a snood all the time, even for bed, has helped keep the muscles soft and warm and relatively problem free.

I hope you find something to get some relief hun x

• Posted

May be some muscle strained or nerve condition. Take some pain relievers like NSAIDs they are effective otherwise go to a physician.
  • Posted

If your doctor is not helping then try for muscles relief lotion or else visit to any good Rheumatologist in your area.

Leo

• Posted

Thanks to all who made some very sensible suggestions for my pain. I have never taken muscle relaxants

but they seem to be the answer. Today is not so bad although I do have a continuous ache in my arms and

hands, which is very wearing. I have taken amitriptyline before and it certainly does make you more relaxed, I think I will try that first and then a bath to help it all.

The other day I just felt I had to type something or I would go mad. Thanks again everyone.

• Posted

the ache in your arms is it nerve pain do you think? I refer to it as toothache in my arms. amitriptyline is by far and away best for getting rid of it, for me it's been a wonder drug, especially combined with pregabalin. The other thing that I have found to work really well and no drugs needed is an epsom salts bath. I pour 500gms of it to my bath and muscles that have never been soft melt like butter under a hot knife. I really hope you get some relief x

• Posted

Hi Alien1, we are so glad to help you. If you are using any kind of lotion or medicine to come out of it and coming out of bad situation successfully then share with us also. That would be very helpful for all.

Thanks

Jeremy

• Posted

Hi Jeremy, I have been using the Amitriptyline and this does certainly help. I don't have that same nagging bad ache in my arms as much as I did now. Neck muscles are still quite tense, but they have improved.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Hi Neil, I really appreciate your reply. I hope your situation will recover fully and amitriptyline would work efficient way.

Jeremy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.