terrible pain!

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, im new here. 3 days ago i started to get a dull pain on top of stomach then spread to the left. Pain got worse. So bad. Felt it on my back when the pain hit its peak. Everthing i eat i throw back up. I tried to get a doctors appointment today but there was none left. Anyone know what it could be?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Left side? go to doctor and have your heart checked or you can try antacid and gas pills to see if it lets up. My son had this and it was gastritis and acid reflux. BUT, This should not be taken lightly no matter if it goes away or not. Go to emergency room. they can quickly check through an EKG right there. This happened to me but I didnt throw up. They kept me overnight and did tests. One more test to go. So far heart is good but you never wait, this is a symptom. Good luck and please dont wait.
  • Posted

Thanks teresa789. I have tried zantac, gaviscon, antacid. Nothing works sadly.

I will try the doctors again tomorrow. Want this pain gone. Its bloody awful sad

• Posted

why wont you go to emergency room. pain that bad is not normal. I hope you will consider this. It could be a situation that they could have helped before it gets worse.
  • Posted

coudl be food poisoning?  the left is where the stomach is....heading that way; there is such a thing as pain being in an area not affected;.. did you take any antibiotics? If not 'garlic' is akin to penicilin adn you can take some of that whilst you try to get yoru GP appointment..  Try eating some anti-inflammatory foods with water in them (beetroot, red grapes)  to keep hydrated. hope you feel better soon.smile
  • Posted

Olivia phone the surgery first thing in the morning and say its an emergency and you have intense pain in your left side of chest and back, that should make the receoptionist fit you in.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone. i have a doctors appointment at 12 today. I will come back and update.
  • Posted

seen the doctor. she thinks it's an ulcer. so she gave me tablets. she also wants a blood test and has referred me for endoscopy. scared. im not good with needles and stuff.
    • Posted

Thx for updating; i find it very helpful. REally pleased your GP seems to be diagnosing and testing; that is reassuring.. sounds like you are in good hands smile 
    • Posted

Endoscopy is not bad at all. I have barretts esophagus. Thank goodness they can do these. It helped stop me getting cancer. Blood tests can find alot. You dont look when they take it. smile. Good luck to you. Its a scary thing when you dont know whats wrong. Until they figure it out, you stay on them. Pain is never normal. Something is causing ut. Even as minor as a pulled muscle puts a persons mind at ease. So nice to see so many supporting you with tips and ideas. I go again tuesday to see why i have had nausea for almost a month. Dont stop until you find answers.
  • Posted

hi, im having the same problem without the throwing up. could i ask what did your blood tests show? as mine were all negative. 
  • Posted

My blood test is wednesday morning. And she gave me Omeprazole to take once a day. I have to be mega carful what i eat too. High fibre foods and low fat dairy. If i have fatty foods it triggers it like crazy. I dont know when the endoscopy will be. Waiting for an appointment through the post.

I will come back and update. 

• Posted

Olivia; please check out the liver; look up fatty liver disease; which would perhaps explain the fatty foods (liver processes fat and when it gets a build up you can experience problems).

There are some vitamns you can take for liverhealth and also eat garlic (akin to penicillin/anti-oxidant).  The liver is good at repairing itself. Omeprazole is good ; as it will assist if you hae bacteria/ ulcer..

however also look up glutamine tablets in reference to the liver issue. And drink some apple juice. smile

• Posted

forgot to mention milk thistle and oregano.. smile

• Posted

Update: I had my bloods done and the gp has rang to discuss it with me. I have to see her friday evening. They would not tell me over the phone. Anyone know what i was tested for? Im worried. Doesnt help that it will be Friday 13th :-0 

I have my endoscopy next week.

• Posted

saw the doctor yesterday. its not an ulcer. i have liver disease. endoscopy next week and ultrasound and more blood tests too sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.