Terrible pain with BP drugs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, Anyone out there suffering horrendous muscle pain and weakness on BP drugs? I'm one of those unfortunate people who gets all the side effects. I am on Propranalol and Adalat at present but they have tried me on about 10 drugs over the last two years. I just cant function and the pain particularly in the right side of my chest is unbearable. Anyone got any suggestions? It just seems to be trial and error.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do all of them give you the chest pain? I've not heard of that before as a side effect. Have you not had the chest pains investigated? 
  • Posted

Steve you are not the only one, I was fresh energetic and beautiful loved my life until diagnosed with HBP. feel like it its ruined my life. I was prescribed amlodopine ramapril bendro lipidor glycerine apray aspirin astovan all on the very first day . all I could hear was everyone shouting STROKE I had never been to the Docs never was ill. I took the amlodipine and the ramipril

lost all the flesh off my arms and legs after about a month ,I was oh have to sit down no lie down felt as if my pelvic frame was braking in half. stopped taken them. doc gave me candesarten tried that gave tinnitus and went deaf in my right ear . I finally blacked out whilst shopping and woke up in the ambulance. stopped taking candesarten and my head and ears are now clear now i am trying Bendro and natural remedies like eggplant beetroot whatever I read on this forum it is 2015 and nobody seems to have any idea

• Posted

Hi jean, sorry to hear you are having a bad time too. Make sure you keep getting yourvpotassium and sodium levels checked as I ended up in hospital on a drip as I collapsed. Take care.
    • Posted

I echo what Steve has said.  It is vital to have bloods monitored regularly.  If I hadn't been due for blood tests after just three and a half weeks on Indapamide (a diuretic prescribed to be taken alongside Losartan), my kidney function would have failed totally.  After just that short time, I felt wretched, my sodium levels had plummeted, creatine, urea and potassium all abnormal and kidney function reduced by 8 points.  Still on the Losartan and feel ok but BP not at all improved.  Having tried half a dozen different medications over the last 18 months am now wondering what new pill and subsequent side effects I am facing at my next hospital consultation this week.  Bought a carton of organic beetroot juice yesterday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.