Terrible stomach pain after eating for 3 weeks

Posted , 8 users are following.

So for about 3 weeks ive had a bad problem with my stomach. After eating i get a terrible pain in my upper abdomen and it lasts for about 2-4 hours, most of the time I have to lay down until i fall asleep to get rid of it. The first day I remember having the pain was after i got my teeth worked on and got some motrin for the pain. I figured it was just from the motrin but i get it almost every meal now. I eat pretty healthy and am very active and fit. I have also had diarrhea on and off for the past 3 weeks with the last two days having it 4+ times in one day. I have noticed i dont have the pain in the morning after i drink a protein shake or after eating my over night oats but rather always around 2-3pm after eating lunch which mostly consists of grilled chicken, eggs, bacon, and broccoli or some combo of that. I have also noticed that i can eat some things later at night like a rice cake or pop tart and it not bother me. The pain is starting to get in the way of everyday activities and really get on my nerves as it radiates to both sides of my back. I never have pain even when running long distances in the morning until i eat in the afternoon. Thank you for any input you can share with me on this topic

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi dawson12160

You mention you run long distances every day..do you do this for a long time each day and really run at an intense rate?..reason i ask this is because if you are running, which is an exercise, and really pushing yourself this can cause adrenal fatigue which can affect your digestive system.....

• Posted

Try a food diary to identify food triggers and cut out eggs and other dairy products.  Bacon is a greasy, processed food so I would avoid that too.  If no better after this, see your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi dawson12160

I have no idea why my reply was moderated there was nothing untoward in it.... so i have sent you a private message...

• Posted

Any updates on this? I too have these exact same symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.