Terrified!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 29 year old female.  I have had upper back pain along my bra line since early December.  I have also had burning in my chest, occasional left and right front abdominal pain under the ribs.  I have had an MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Endoscopy and milions of blood work done.  I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and it was inflamed.  The burning in my chest has gotten better since that was removed but I still have the pain in my back and occasional twinges in the front.  I have had 9 different doctors tell me that it is not chronic pancreatitis even after I have told them I am worried because it is hard to diagnose.  I am going to another GI doctor next week. 

I also have a history of terrible IBS, gastroperisis and anxiety.  I think a lot of my anxiety has contributed to the chest discomfort.  It is the back pain that it making me so nervous.

I drink wine socially and eat fairly healthy. 

I am so terrified that it is CP but praying that the odds are on my side. 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i too have pain by my bra line...have been diagnosed with pancreatitis....right now my pain is above my bellybutton and hurts worse with pressue...amylase is high but not lipase...had gallbladder out in 4/12...have ibs with constipation (used to be ibs with diahrea)....had stress lately, not sure if that brought it on...keep sharing

• Posted

not sure if acute or chronic...when i've had the pancreatic pain, it was more like someone squeezing me above the bellybutton so painfull, i was at er last april for a pain shot (1st time i ever had a pain shot-it was so bad) right now i feel like there is gas trapped and burping alot with pressure...i think it could be an over growth of bacteria in stomach....i see gastro dr on thurs....may have to take the breath test for that...i was also diagnosed with sjogrens which i think can make your amylase count high....have hypothyroid (hashimoto) disease and gerd also....i'm on the low FODMAP diet, which usually helps settle things down...i get disgusted and depressed with it all, but try to get over it and stay positive because there is so much to do and live for....i just turned 57 and have a husband, 2 kids and 2 grandkids to keep me going...i also have anxiety issues...mostly related to not feeling well most of my life...i also worry about the pancreas issues...but i don't think it is severe enough that it can't be kept under control to avoid further damage...i get pain in my chest too and think oh no it's the big one (a heart attack) and hope i wake up in the morning...but i really think it is a build up of gas from all the related digestive issues...even after the gallbladder is removed you can still have food related symptoms like you did before...it's tricky, one day you can eat something and it is ok....next time you eat it you get gas and diahrea from it, never sure...it's a crap shoot (lol)...try to stay positive, hang in there....i feel better just sharing and knowing i'm not alone...stay in touch.
    • Posted

Hopefully it is just acute. I understand the stress and anxiety the unknown is terrifying. I just had a baby and I'm 29 years old I and beyond stressed and the thought of chronic pancreatitis is terrifying! How did they diagnose your pancreatitis?
    • Posted

congrats on your baby....they mostly go by when i have pain and by the blood work, the high amylase....a few years ago my amylase was over 400 and before the dr even called me, she made an appointment for an immedient CT scan....she calls me and asked if i was in pain....i wasn't...she wanted me to go for the ct scan...and i said ok, i'll go after xmas (which was in 2 weeks)....she's no you have to go right now....talk about freaking someone out...i was watching my granddaughter...husband out of town....daughter came from work to take me...i was a basket case....turned out everything was fine....go figure....sometimes i think all the tests are not always accurate or significant....sometimes i think there is a fine line between all the gastro things, ibs-pancreatitis-gallbladder-gerd-food sensitivities...it is not always easy to diagnose...and sometimes i thing drs. think it is one thing...but it may be the other....i have a very good gastro dr. who i trust....not always easy to find...concentrate on loving your baby, and if you ever need to vent or talk, i'm here...sometimes that alone can help....
  • Posted

Hi Ann,

How did your MRCP go? How are you doing?

Gem

• Posted

Hi Gem did you ever find out what you were going thru I'm having exact same systems as you mentioned in your forum

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.