Terrified

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wake up so terrified that some days I just can't beat it. I've had four months of constant nausea and diarrhoea. My psychiatrist is stopping my medication and I can't keep taking benzo's everyday to function. I just can't take anymore!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It must be a horrible experience for you.

There must have been a good reason why your psychiatrist has taken you off your medications, have you asked why this has been done?

Reading what you have had to say I would be tempted to go back to your GP, explain what you are going through and ask if there is anything else at this point in time that can be done to relieve your symptoms, as it clearly making your life a misery.

• Posted

I rang the mental health team first thing, they say I have to fight it and carry on as that works best. Pschiatrist will phone again Thursday. He mentioned medication not working, so to consider stopping it. I'm just desperate to get better before I'm due to start work on the 2/5.
    • Posted

The first thing I would say is don't worry at this time about returning to work just yet as you are clearly not well enough to do so.

You may well need to have the time off extended until you are well enough to cope, but a visit to your GP will sort this out.

If your doctor doesn't think you are fit enough for work yet he/she may well issue a further sick note and not allow you back until you are ready.

As for your Psychiatrist saying that he doesn't think your meds are working, I think it maybe worth your while phoning back and asking that rather than remove all your medications, could he consider CHANGING them to something else, so at least you are having some form of treatment.

Let me know how you go on.

• Posted

Sadly it's a new job I'm due to start and my last chance with my partner to start or I'll have to leave.

I feel so much better when working that I know it will help as I currently volunteer in a charity shop. It's just dealing with the pure terror when I open my eyes

I did ask for other medication and was only offered one that I don't want to take as side effects are bad. My GP just tells me to speak to mental health team

• Posted

Firstly, there is no such thing as 'your last chance'.

Life is a continual process of learning, and we can only learn from our mistakes.

I really don't think it is fair for your partner to put you under such pressure at a time when you are so obviously struggling.

Although it is difficult maybe you should try and take a more relaxed view of life, and that way try take the pressure off yourself.

The secret of a successful life is constantly trying to improve ourselves and move forward, and in this respect I feel it would be a good idea for you to contact your Mental health team as has been suggested, and also to try and enjoy this new job.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you go on.

• Posted

Thank you, I did contact the mental health team they said I've got to just deal with the anxiety and carry on with my day as they know I can. Which I know I can do its just really hard to overcome the anxiety on waking and my new job starts at 7am!
    • Posted

Just believe in yourself and your ability Cleora and you will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.