Terrified about symptoms, keep being told anxiety. Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

These are my symptoms:

Air hunger

Manual breathing

Lightheadedness

Weakness

Fatigue

Tingling

Feeling like I'm literally dying

Depersonalisation

Blurry/foggy vision

Chest and throat tightness

Headaches/pressure in head

Irregular heartbeat

Strange feelings in head

Pain and weakness in the legs

General trouble breathing

Eyes won't focus

Light gets brighter

Ringing and beeping in ears

Muscle stiffness

Chills

Hot flashes

Extreme sweating

Ear aches

Trouble swallowing

Distorted vision

Hearing crackling sound

Head feels hard to hold up

Extreme faint feelings

Feelings like I'm controlling my body but I can't feel my movements

Biggest concern today: Its hard to breathe I'm having to make myself breathe and I don't feel like I'm breathing at all, and I feel very limp.

Somebody please help and tell me what it can be. It can't all be anxiety and it's been ongoing for almost a month now.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Connor.anxious,

I am sorry you are having so much trouble. How did it all begin? I had similar problems when I had a mild case of GBS and it also caused me to be anxious which also has similar symptoms. 

• Posted

I had sever axiety depression due to it . I use to be such happy going women now yea 3 years so still issues Julez and basically not going out every day doing things keep me busy my wheel chair broken till Canada care gets to it . My doctor say this due to what I went through having disease sort of like having shock to your body many people said well ifd be depressed to . On medication for that but I want to hopefully get off every thing one day . When you had gbs you didn’t go paralyze all of your body ? Did you feel sick like not normal inside of you like some thing was not normal ? And are you having any issues with nerve damage ? Do u think it’s pissible that the numbness in my feet part of leg is just nerve damage ? 

• Posted

Hi caroline! I did not have as extreme as a case and did not have paralysis. There are varying degrees of GBS and it depends on how aggressive your body attacks the nerves. I never had axonal damage so I could still walk but barely and I did have numbness in part of my feet and legs which resolved with physical therapy, massage and time. I did feel awful inside. I felt so shaky all of the time because my body felt so weak. I had lots of pain and tremendous fatigue. I did have a little nerve damage and can still tell when I overdo things with the parts of my body that were hit so hard. My symptoms began after I received a Tdap vaccine four years ago. My immune system began attacking the myelin sheath of my nerves. It's called molecular mimicry. Some structures are so similar to the myelin sheath on the nerves like the Tdap vaccine structure and some immune systems have a tough time with this. The good thing about nerves is that they can recover if not damaged too badly. Some vaccines, viruses, and substances have structures similar to other things in the body and can trigger this response especially when there is hereditary factor of this type of immune system and the conditions are right. My doctor told me that there is a 2 to 5 year recovery period with GBS and I have learned that the recovery period can go beyond that for some people. Have you tried physical therapy? It has to be the right physical therapy.

• Posted

Ask them text u for Gillian Barrie see 1 out of 100000 people that can get it it’s not well known meaning talked about . 3 years ago when I got it must been in those 3 years about 20 patience . Nerology disorder , ammunity issue due to a infection not treated right or flue shot . Tell them to do spinal tap asp
  • Posted

Hey there. I hope you have gotten some answers by now (2 months ago you posted this). I have all the same symptoms you have I was dignosed with Vertigo (BPPV) by my regular doctor but my ENT said she isn't sure if it is (BPPV) and so still after two years almost I haven't got answers and I'm still suffering with these symptoms to the point it can wake me up from my sleep! I noticed the symptoms when I was 18 I'm 20 now and first symptom was the lightheaded feeling. I went to the hospital got told it was Anxiety and left the hospital with bad looks from the nurse and doctors. Which yep left me frustrated. Please don't settle for being told it is just anxiety. Visit a neurologist one who you trust fully and maybe an ENT first just in case and they can refer you to a neurologist. Just know you aren't alone in this and it should get better. Hoping for you !

• Posted

connor anxiety can cause a lot of issues keep a diary of all your symptoms day to day so you can tell you gp how old are u connor if you dont mind me asking? maybe the gp can hopefully run a few tests, i was told that i was suffering with anxiety i was getting pins & needles first then tremors shaking legs & hands hot/cold sweats & overly tired un balanced problems & feeling that i had horrible sensation in my head also swallowing problems ,burping a lot & my nervous was stuck in fight ov flight mode like a anxiety panic attack now doctors saying its a form of fnd i've become worse with pain in neck shoulder & back so maybe u do need a 2nd opinion on ur symptoms if anxiety related

• Posted

oh i just realised this was 2 yrs ago hopefully u'l of got answers by now connor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.