Terrified after mri results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

A few weeks ago I complained to my doctor about headaches and some problems with my balance and vision. She scheduled me for an mri of my brain, which I had last week.

So just a few days ago I got a call saying she wants to do another mri next month. Didnt really tell me why. Just said she saw something that looked abnormal on it.

I'm completely and utterly terrified right now. What does she mean? Could it be a brain tumour? And if it is one, then why am I not getting another mri right away or getting the thing removed???

Anyone else go through something like this??? I'm feeling overwhelmed with worry. Trying not to let it show so I dont scare my husband but its a struggle every day.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

1. Please do not worry, it is always best to remain possetive I was diagnosed with a brain tumour which in fact was a non malignant pituatary tumour which was giving me headaches and affecting my vision. It was removed using keyhole surgery through my nose. I was out of hospital in three days. My spell check seems to have dissapeared sorry about the spelling
  • Posted

Can't you ask the doctor what looks abnormal? I would question the doctor further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.