Terrified I am being possessed (no scary comments please)

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone

I am a 17 year old girl with a 10 year history of mental health problems. I have recently been suffering from severe paranoia and OCD. I have been house bound for a whole year due to anxiety and ocd fears.

I am currently terrified I am being posessed... my mind is in a very dark place and I feel like there is a permanent knot in my stomach due to these visions in my mind of a evil spirit entering me and it will take my soul away. Is this possible? Is it just in movies??

I am desperate for reassurance. Please guys...

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No you are not being possessed don't worry. However the things you are saying makes me assume you might have delusion though. I honestly think you are a fantastic intelligent individual as that is clear. But I do think you should speak to someone on what you feel so they can quickly get rid of the horrible feelings you are experiencing. 

• Posted

Hello there,

I am 19 years old, and I am going through anxiety right now as well I never knew i had it, until it kicked in over drive about a month and a half ago and i can tell you it's scary and as you describe puts you in very dark places. I also thought too that i was being possessed as i also suffer from paranoia. I watched the moving the conjuring 2, and boy what a toll it took from me. I thought i was being possessed, i felt like my body wasn't mine, and it felt like was being controlled but it's all thoughts in your head that make it lead to that. Honestly as i can say if you were possessed you probably wouldn't have written this post or find ways to get help. I'm most certain it is your anxiety and fear of paranoia that has lead you to think this way. 

As i mentioned above that i also felt too that i was possesed, i felt that maybe i was being distant from god. I decided that i should go to church because in times like this it's only you and him. I went to church and honestly at first i was paranoid that i was gonna lose control or that an evil spirit was gonna take over my body and do weird things while i was there but then i realized that i was overthinking it. I did feel a lot better after church, and it has made me more closer to god. I hope that this helped you a little bit.

-Kevin

• Posted

No it is not possiable for you to be possessed!!! This is what OCD does causes unrealistic thoughts and makes you feel like your have no control! My 13 year old son has OCD and he has told me the same things so I will tell you as I tell him God loves you and the devil don't get your soul like that!!!! God forgives and God also knows when you are suffering from a mental illness. When these thoughts enter your head start praying think of something you love!!! Please go to your doctor or therapy to get some help!!! You will be okay!!!

• Posted

You need some tratments to put your mind at rest and help you get out of the house.

Personally in my eyes possession is a none starter here although in your eyes this is a real thing not a false fear or delusion.

If you have this fear it would seem strange your GP has not arranged some treatment to help you claim back your life.

If you are at home I am very suprised your parents have not sought assisstance.

Arrange to see your GP

• Posted

I suffered horrible mental health issues all my life, mostly depression, but it progressed to much worse. I won't get into it, but later in life I was diagnosed with celiac disease. Since then, I have been on a strict gluten free diet for a year and a half.

My symptoms are not gone by any means, but the anxiety is way less most of the time. I am calmer in public settings and go out sometimes. I have agroaphobia, but i got out by myself twice this week and I was not freaked out.

I strongly incourage you to get tested for celiac disease.  Studies have shown it helps some folks who have schizophrenia, i know it's helped me; the voices in my head became kinder and gentler.

A GF diet of processed food is just garbage. eat real food, nothing processed and you will have a better mind with better nutrition. 

If you want to start eating better and very possibly get your health back, PM me and I can help you. 

• Posted

Hi mal smile what an awful place for you to be in sad this is a very common and often unmentioned part of OCD so well done on being brave and speaking out about it.

What you are experiencing are often described as intrusive thoughts. You need to seek some help in dealing with them. I think talking therapy would be a really good place to start. You will be okay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.