Terrified I have AML and really need help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm completely panicked that I might have AML and I'm hoping someone might be able to help give me advice D:

Here are the symptoms I have:

Little red dots appearing on skin (tiny, like a pinprick size. They fade after a day or two but more show up, usually on their own but sometimes three of four at a time)

I also think I noticed red spots in my mouth and a lot of redness near my throat, which terrified me. My throat does feel sore from time to time during the day but it's really not that bad, I've had much worse sore throats.

Swollen lymph nodes in my neck, I think at least

I think swollen lymph nodes in arms

Pain pressing on upper abdomen, feels sort of weird and I think maybe my liver is swollen or something 😦

I don't have any bruises. I did hear that leukemia can make you bruise easily, so I sort of tested it out and from what I've seen I don't bruise that easily. But that also doesn't necessarily mean anything, particularly because of petetchiae.

I am absolutely terrified that I have AML and I'm going to die. Back in February I got a CBC for the first time and it showed everything was normal, but I know that blood cancers develop quickly so my blood counts could be screwed up now. I want to get another blood test but I'm so scared what the results will be. The red spots (petechiae, I'm guessing) are what tipped me over the edge- I showed them to a family friend who's a doctor and she said they aren't petechiae, but I'm confident that the ones in my mouth probably are, and I'm not convinced these ones aren't. I've basically googled myself to the point where I'm sick to my stomach and constantly worrying about how I'm going to die. I'm in constant fear that the symptoms are also going to get worse to the point where they can't be ignored. My family keeps telling me to stop worrying, but it's difficult- it's making my anxiety way worse, and it's bringing back old mental health issues too. I used to experience psychosis, I recovered from it months ago but I'm starting to diassociate more the more I think about all the symptoms and the possibility I'm going to die from this.

Does this sound like AML??? And if it is, is there even a bit of a chance I'll survive it?? I'm 20, but I know that it's only better odds if you're a kid or a teenager.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.