Terrified I have cancer/dying

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been terrified of illnes as long as i could remember, i even stopped playing football at the age of 11 because i was worried about a heart attack..

Bascially, in the middle of May ( around the 15th) i woke up one morning and felt awful. Dizzy, nauseous and my body ached.... legs in particular. I waited a week and it didn't improve so I went to the doctor and they ran some blood work. White and red blood cells were normal, thyroid function, liver, kidney were all normal. But this conituned on until June and i felt worse by the day. Couldn't hardly get out of bed and i normally have so much energy. . Finally in the second week of June, a weird redish/purple spot appeared in the centre of my back. I went back to the doctor who said it looked like shingles. turned out it wasn't but i was put on antivirals. The spot scabbed over and went away after two weeks. I have no idea what it was, nor do the doctors but no one seems worried. Now it's almost august, and i'm still feeling terrible... no appetite, no energy, nausesous all the time. I did an ultrasound of my abdomen last week and all they found was  slight gastritis in my stomach and lots of gas but that's it. I also did some more blood work as well, everything came back normal besdies  very slightly higher white blood cell count. But the doctor said the compents of my white blood cells were normals, so not to worry. At this point, my lympth nodes have been felt, i've done an ultra sound and countless blood tests, physical examinations and they still can't find anything. I'm absolutley terrified it's some type of undiagnosed cancer because i truly feel awful. I've never felt this sick, for almost 3 months in my life. I wake up every morning feeling like i've been hit with the worse flu of my life and i'm panicking that it's some awful undiagnosed disease. 

Any advice/ help would be very appreciated!

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Cancer ,usually doesn't give flu-like symptoms

What your describing, sounds more

Like a virus

Maybe, Lyme disease

Look up , Lyme disease,

See if the circles on your back

Look similar

Where you outside , walking on trails?

• Posted

Hi! thanks for replying- they did check for for Lyme disease. They spots on my back looked more like shingles, and about the size of 3 pennies
  • Posted

If it is Lyme disease

They will give you antibiotics

If they do, make sure

You take probiotics

After your regimen

To gain your strength

• Posted

Well at least it's not Lyme disease then

Hopefully they can check for other viruses

In your bloodstream

But I don't think it is cancer

If it is, you would have to check the function of your different organs

I wish you the best

• Posted

The only thing I can think of is to check for brain and pituitary tumors

These may require an MRI or a cat scan

Having a brain tumor affects a lot of different symptoms

• Posted

Hi-- they've checked for many virures and all came back clear. Plus I have no other spots. I assume if it were my pituitary i would have more hormonal imbalances? But I will ask my doctor. Thank you. They think it's anxiety but I would like to press further. 

Thanks again! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.