Terrified I’ve got MS

Posted , 5 users are following.

nearly 3 week ago a few minutes after waking up i the morning, i began to have pins and needles in my scalp on the back of my head and then in my hand. This went away for a few hours but by the night i was tingling all over including my face. These tingling feelings happened on and off for a few days and then my left leg and arm had a numb feeling to it and some slight weakness. this happened on and off for a few days. i went to the doctor about a week later, she did some strength tests and said she couldn't detect any weakness (that day my left leg was very numb and had a dull ache and my left arm felt weak). She ordered some blood tests to check for B12 deficiency and thyroid problems. i felt somewhat reassured as it could be something simple as by this point i was shaking from the anxiety of these symptoms. The GP surgery rang me to say i need to see the doctor to go over my results, so i was feeling better for a few days thinking that theyd found B12 or a thyroid problem and i booked an appointment. However i checked my online notes and found my blood results and i was devastated to find my TSH and B12 serum levels normal. The reason my doctor wanted to see me was slightly raised liver function levels and slightly raised eosinophil levels. which don't explain my symptoms and i'm terrified now that its MS to the the point where i've been in tears and very anxious. im a 27 year old male. Can someone please help me

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot to mention i had really tired eyes for 3 days felt like they were really strained. this has gone anyway now. right after the doctors i went to the opticians and she said my optic nerve looks healthy, although this was from only looking at it, there wasn't a fancy OCT scanner used.

• Posted

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I've been back and forth to gp for various blood tests, hospital for ultrasound, endoscopy and colonosopy, but all normal! I also had an mri scan waiting for results. I had above tests as thought I had gall stones as was getting pain that area. recently I've also been getting tingling, especially at night, together with pain one side of head, and pressure behind eye same side. so I'm also wondering if its ms, maybe you should ask for mri scan? hope this helps?

• Posted

This may not ease your fears, because I had those same symptoms ( not all your blood work info)--tingling with weakness on my left side and I was diagnosed with MS in November 1999.

This is great website to check in to hear about other patients' fears, frustrations and successes.

I wish you all the best.

• Posted

sorry I'm not sure if my answer reassured you or made you more anxious! but keep pushing for more tests as it may not be ms.

• Posted

There are a few medical conditions that can bring these symptoms on, so don't worry too much now. Have you had your blood sugar levels tested? Have you had a d-dimer blood test? Do you drink alcohol? Have you had an injury or surgery in the time this happened?

• Posted

I've had no injuries or anything recently. sometimes my back clicks at the bottom by the start of my hips on my left side. I don't drink alcohol or smoke. i have not had blood sugar tested or d-dimer test, just full blood count and liver vitamin b12, thryoid and the normal liver and kidney stuff.

I can't even function i'm that sick with worry, i think the anxiety is making the symptoms worse. I have no balance issues and walked 12,000 steps the other day no problem. i only had weakness for a day or two. I doubt my upcoming GP appointment is gonna do anything to allay my fears, just hoping he'll pursue more tests for me.

• Posted

When you next see your gp ask to see a neurologist if this is something you are worried about. Diabetes is another thing that can give you pins and needles, which is why I mentioned getting your blood sugar levels tested. Certain medications such as blood thinners can give you pins and needles and tingling or even low blood pressure. There are a lot of other things as well, but I would suggest seeing a neurologist if you can if the other things aren't an issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.