Terrified just terrified!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone who uses this site.  I suppose I should be happy - but Im not!  I'm frightened.  Why?  I am starting i.v.f tomorrow and just feel sick!  Just send me support please like some of you have and good luck to you all too on whatever journey you're on.  I know people are supportive on here.  I wish you all a MASSIVE amount of luck, but am being selfish and thinking about my partner and I's journey through this, never done anything like this before!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What is iv?
    • Posted

Hi Missy2, is that what your computer came up with, this is wrong I'm having ivf!
    • Posted

Hi missy2, I presume you've never heard of ivf, it's a way of helping couples who are having problems conceiving children by getting eggs and sperm together outside of the body, that's all!
  • Posted

Sam,

​I am wishing you the best of luck. try to take some deep breaths tommorrow before you have the procedure. Stress not good for anything. I wish you the best of luck sweetie let me know how it goes!!! You can do this it will be ok! Just think of the possitive if it works!! Wishing you lots and lots of baby dust!!!

• Posted

Hi manda1030, I went to the appointment and am due to see the consultant on the 19th November to go through it all sign all the paperwork, check we understand it ok and make an appointment to start treatment, scary but exciting I think, it might with a bit of luck wipe the low-life out of my memory the one who raped me when I was 19!
  • Posted

But there is nothing to be frightened of. You won't be hurt by it and you obviously have a man who wants children.

Try breathing into a bag. It works for me and also I tell myself that jelly legs will still take me where I need to go.

Hugsconfused

• Posted

IF ever I needed support I know now where to turn!  Thank you that is such simple advice, I will try it as long as you try to get the Bach rescue remedy pastilles which I also swear by that help deal with my anxiety.(  there in a yellow and black tin).  One question though:  am I being selfish having ivf?  
    • Posted

Hi sam

IVF is a wonderful experience

It can turn your life around completely

It worked for me and it can work magic for you too

• Posted

Hi shirley, thank you people are so nice on here!  IVF is ok I think but the fertility  counsellor we saw at the hospital didn't really enlighten us as to how it would work for US!  It may work but at 42 I really don't have much confidence that it will.  What age were you when you had it and has it allowed you to have the family you want?  I hope you don't think I'm being rude asking that!
  • Posted

Well..hope it went well...yes, I have heard of it...a friend of mine had it

I just didn't recognize it without beng spelled out and wondered why it was in the PTSD secton....thought it was PTSD related...

• Posted

Hi missy, lots of people have ivf and whilst it seems strange to people to write about the chances of having this on this site doesn't to others because my original writings were due to being diagnosed with ptsd by a cbt therapist earlier this year which I was totally unaware of.  I was raped when I was 19 by a friend of a friend and I'm trying at the age of 2 to put this behind me and move on with this stage of my life now I'm 42.  I don't think I could do this if I didn't get support or feel strong enough but I'm sick of the lowlife who did this to me controlling my head and how I feel which still strikes every now and again when I least expect it due to not getting proper support through cbt or when I was 1st raped. THAT'S why I talk on here because I get more support on here than I do anywhere else.  I find it incredibly hard to talk about the past as it still hurts so deeply.  My husband and I still face the prospect of me having counselling if I feel I have to if this ivf doesn't work because I think it's likely the ivf will throw up feelings from the past.  I've already had to insist on seeing females as much as possible through the ivf as the thought of strangers touching me makes me feel scared and worried still.  I don't think you ever recover from something as traumatic as ptsd through rape as it is such a severe thing to happen but I'm trying to.  You've just sadly reminded why I spoke here in the 1st place and why I still do.  I hope you need understand.
    • Posted

I'm sorry if I uspet you sam...I also was raped 2x in my life by strangers and more than that by my live in husband of 22 years...which is why I am on this page as well.

One of mine was brutual....the 2nd by a stranger was more subtle and I didn't even realize it was rape until this year and I'm 51 (I was 20 at the time) and that rape bore my son.  I live with it everyday and so does my son now that he has never known who is REAL Dad is.

Hope your ivf treatments are going to work....since they are stressing you out so much that could work against you.  Try to think of this as a wonderful thing you are doing to try and bring a new life into this world.

But, I totally get the part of not wanting to be touched...sometimes it goes even so far as not wanting to be touched by our current partners.

Its a horrible thing to carry around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.