Terrified Liver ultrasound now CT of pancreas ordered

Posted , 2 users are following.

My dear husband had an ultrasound of his liver on Wednesday the radiogropher didn't do the ultrasound a doctor / consultant did, he'd been referred to GP as his liver emzymes were not right ALT WAS 80 & some others wrong too. He is a type 2 diabetic & over weight but never drinks.

The doctor doind scan & the lady radiographer the other sode of the room both asked hom iof he drinks & he said not for years. The doctor immediately ordered a CT of his pancreas NOT his liver, after saying he couldn't see the liver very well, we know he may be checking for pancreatic cancer, and we are terrified, ANYONE had similar experiences. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello dianaww, it is terrifying the unknown that is being investigated, recently had a ct scan myself, allegedly for the liver (due to enzyme problems) but they scanned me from my neck to my abdomen, and now it's a waiting game for results, I hate waiting, not knowing. I guess they checking my pancreas too, but they did'nt say. not sure why my writing has gone sideways, sorry. best wishes to you and husband.
    • Posted

i am sorry to hear you are going through similar. what did they say after liver scan to you was it an ultrasound of the liver, and did a doctor do it at the hospital or a radographer, did they tell you any results from your liver scan? was it your GP who requested the liver scan?

I know how it feels I have a lot of ill health & had some worrying tests and now iys my husband it sounds similar to your experiece #.

I will read your posts if I can find them as I an new here.

All the very best to you.

• Posted

hi dianaww, I had an ultrasound of liver last year that showed it enlarged and fatty, that was at my gps request, subsequent blood tests kept showing the enzyme problem so I was referred to a hospital about 2 weeks ago, the consultant chap there ordered the ct scan which I had last week, but since then Ive heard nothing at all, fingers crossed its not too serious.
    • Posted

Lets hope not  does your GP have a results line you can phone to see if they are in. 

We have spoken to my husbands GP and its so hard, he says that if my husband had standard fatty liver he would of expected the person doing the ultrasound to of been able to see that, and that in my hubands case it is not wrong to suspect he may have pancreas cancer, but as we haven't got that news to look at the positives and he gave us some to consider, but we are worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.