Terrified of possibly having cp

Posted , 2 users are following.

so ive recently looked up online my symptoms on the internet ( i know definitely not the smartest move) but a looked things up and chronic pancreatitis stood out to me. im 26 and for a while i had a drinking problem that i just recently got under control and ive been in and out of the doctors and hospitals for a year and a half now trying to get answers of whats wrong with me. my blood tests from when things escelated and i went to the hospital showed normal things and when i did and abdominal ultrasound image testing showed completely normal pancreas. but of course because i saw symptoms that marched some of what im going through i convinced myself thats whats wrong with me. im going for more blood tests a ct scan and hopefully ill finally be able to convince them to do an endosocopy after this thursday. im wondering who else out there had some of the symptoms freaked out and it turned out to be different and for those who do have it how long have you been living with it and is life hard to deal with it. everywhere i read on the internet makes it seem like youre lucky if you make it past ten years of life and it honeslty scares me cause im getting married this year and if somethings wrong with me i have no idea how to tell the girl of my dreams who wants to start a life with me if i get diagnosed this. thanks for youre time to anyone who responds

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

what are your symptoms?

It doesnt seem that chronic pancreatitis means you die in ten years. as someone who either has that or pancreatic cancer (have scope and CT scan MRCP with contrast soon), i wouldnt worry too much. there may not be 10 years left for anyone the way this world is going. without knowing your symptoms, 26 is very young to have issues and initial testing showed a normal pancreas

• Posted

well i just had my ct scan and my pancreas is normal but i had a fatty liver and an enlarged spleen as well which is less then desireable but they cant explain the nausea backpain on left side and the pain. they seem to think and are convinced its combination of gerd and ibs that are making up my symptoms i go for an endoscopy in june

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.