Terrified of what my sister accused me of years ago but she wouldn't tell me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hhey guys

i hope all is well.

Currently i am 26 and just graduated from uni in civil engineering. working hard to find a good job but getting there.

Prior to that I did my undergraduate degree in civil engineering when for a short period or lived with my sister. This time was hard as i suffered a DVT and was prescribed blood thinners which cause severe mental and physical side effects which affected my mood at the time

One night during dinner when I told my sister I went to the doctor to see about this she accused me of something which I had no clue about and she wouldn't agree to tell me what it was as she said it might be awkward.

after she told me this I was totally shocked I don't have a clue what she was talking about. then when things started to improve she said if you can't remember what it was then there must be something wrong with you.

The thing is now she is different and our relationship has lightly improved but whenever I think about what she said it makes me feel very worried about what she was talking about all those years ago. this would have been understandable if she actually told me what it was but because she has has made me upon it and the way she made it sound was as if I did something inappropriate.

My siblings are niece told me that I should just ignore her and forget about it because she used to be the controlling type and didn't like when she saw others were doing well if you know what I mean so is this just one of her were doing well if you know what I mean so is this just one of her tactics?

Please help me with this it is affecting my current mood and I do want my life to go back into what it was.

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

it sounds as if your'e sister may be elaborating on something for some reason. Maybe she is upset or depressed about something and just feels negative. Maybe she is jelous of you for some reason. Its very hard to tell what drives other people sometimes.

I have had significant familial problems, in particular with my sister, and she did resent me for some time without me being in the least aware of it, or when I found out, understanding why. It doesn't mean you actually really did anything you should not have done. Does anyone else know about this. Maybe some one else in your family would have an idea why she is saying these things or if there is any truth in them. Maybe confide in another family member - if there is another you trust enough.

Don't panic about it, just focus on doing well as you obviously are doing.

• Posted

hi ursulac62

thanks very much for your help.

the way you are explaoning this to me i know you are right. however my only issie os the element of fear which i cant seem to shake off.

For the most part i have managed to stay positive and try my best to beloeve i am ok.

the thing that bothers me is whenever i think of this, it ses to overwhelm me suddenly amd silently if u know what I mean.

how do i keep myself from doing this?

• Posted

Hello adame

Our siblings can be very harsh towards us, they think they know us because we have been part of their life and it's easier to lash out to those that are close to us.

Don't let her get to you, forget the past it has gone, but if she brings it up again then confront her tell her what ever happened happened when you were unwell and have no recollection of what that was.

If she won't let it go then let go of your sister it's as simple as that, live your life for yourself.

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.