Terrified teen with mild rectal bleeding?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 15 and female and I could not be more worried.For the past couple of days I have noticed fresh red blood and the nhs said I should see a GP but I probably won't be able to or deal with how embarressing this is. I past it off as just a one off but now after reading about it, I am terrified. Could it be a bad balance of white bread and cheese causing this? Or is it something internal?

Thank you so much I am absolutely petrified 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it is just hemoroids?
    • Posted

Thank you, how well treatable are hemoroids? (some health websites are very forward with it all and scare me a little bit)
  • Posted

Hi Jane you do need to go to see GP it's prober.y nothing much but it will put your mind at rest once you've been

As Dorian has said it could be hemorides which are so easily treated

dont spend time worrying see if a friend can go with you T least to sit in the waiting room 

good luck 

• Posted

Also, do you know if it could be anything else? Like maybe just a bad eating habbit?
  • Posted

Sounds like roids to me also. Sometimes pressure or straining can cause this problem. It is not that hard to treat. Sometimes over the counter meds will take care of it. Bright red blood is usually from hemroids and dark blood is usually higher up. Don't be scared they are usually an annoyance rather than a medical emergency. Try some over the counter meds and see if that doesn't help.
  • Posted

Hi Jane if you eat a lot of beetroot or drink a red drink like vimto then when when you go it can look red but not bright red , if you can't bring your self to see the GP then talk to the pharmacy ,maybe a femal one would make you more comfortable just ask if you can talk  away from other people and be honest with her, as they pretty good at knowing what to do ,but be aware she may say you need to see your Dr,

do go and take a friend with you ,

take care you will proberly find its nothing much at all and you will be able to get on happily with your life,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.