Terrified to take Xanax but am so desperate for relief

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey everyone,I have been dealing with anxiety and panc disorder for years now and once a year I usually get a really bad episode that lasts for a month or so.anyways I'm in the middle of one right now and am just constantly nervous and dizzy so doc said to try the Xanax but I'm terrified of it,what should I do

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

shannon, i was on xanax for many years for anxiety. just wanted to say that is fast acting and goes out of your system REALLY fast. for this reason i changed to diazepam. ( valium) it does not give me the " i need another one" like i had after a xanax. very slow it goes out of your system. good luck to you. my doc said i could be on this drug forever, i also take 40 mg prozac for anxity and i think that does help, too.   best of luck to you.......   take the xanax sparingly like Aquin suggested, but if it looks like you may need something long term, this might be an idea to consider..

• Posted

Yes I def need something long term,this is the first time I ever tried Xanax but not the first time I was prescribed it,I was always just too nervous to take it,but I did take half a pill about a hour ago and I feel a little better,don't know if it's the pill or just my head telling me I'm ok,either way I don't plan on taking it all the time,but this was a emergency because I'm afraid to even leave my house and I can't live like that

• Posted

I agree, it is so Awful To hide in your house. I know exactly how you feel so you are not alone....
    • Posted

So the Xanax seemed to take away the dizziness which is a huge plus,but my anxious feelings are still here,I only took half a pill bit I'm afraid to take a whole one,thank god for this group,it's very helpful knowing I'm not alone

• Posted

I love xanx. Its a sedative no worries. Within twenty minutes youll feel so calm and relieved. But use it wosely ot is addictive. Only when really needed.
    • Posted

I break in half the lowest dosgae it seemeto be enough. I ise it rarely though. Not something to ever use daily
    • Posted

Yes I was prescribed .25 and broke it in half because I was so nervous to take it,I took it about 4 hours ago now and it took away my dizziness but my anxious feelings were still lingering,but at this point anything that takes that dizziness away is a life savor for me because that was my main problem this time around,thanks for replying,it helps immensely hearing from others
  • Posted

Hello, ihave tried all meds but they didnt help me even thoigh I gave them a good try.Remember theý could work for you.Take advice and do the best for you.It, s hard when we keep getting told it, s anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Shannon. If you have a good doctor she will advise you correctly on Xanax and switching antidepressants. Most people on here have given you very good advice. My doctor has helped me so much to conquer my anxiety and depression. I hope you find a solution too. Best wishes X
  • Posted

Hi Shannonlea,

Don't be afraid to take xanax in the dose your doctor prescribed. You cut up a quarter of1mg, so you took one eighth of 1 mg.

Take what is prescribed, darling. Yes, xanax can be addictive but you need them now.

Max recommended dose for xanax is 2mg, four times a day, so you're nowhere near that.

Moving on to

• Posted

Sorry, darling I sent that before i was finished....

Moving on to the zoloft - what dose are you on? Max for that is 200mg a day.

You ought to go back to your GP and ask for an increase in the zoloft (if you haven't reached 200 mg daily) or a new anti-depressant if the zoloft isn't working.

In the meantime, take the xanax. Don't fear prescribed medications.

Hope this helps.

Love Tess xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.