Terrifying Sleep paralysis 😱😵

Posted , 9 users are following.

So scared with this!!!

Has anyone suffered this in perimenopause?

Don't know if this is a symptom of peri...

Or just stress, but it's so horrible and adds to your stress. As your terrified to go back to sleep. Or get a phobia of going to bed.

Sorry for another post, but trying to understand all that's happening with me. And if this is down to perimenopause to... 😵😕

Joy's of been a woman...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This is terrible to have, I have adrenalin rushes in the mornings, internal treamers now, dread going to sleep at night, going to try 10mg of Citalopram,

• Posted

Hi rachel

i have had many of what you mentioned ..all of them and especially at night...they are very frightening but trust me, they will pass and i and other ladies at this site will agree.

do you exercise at all? take a nap or rest when you can during the day. Im hearing you and just tell yourself you are not alone and are going to be okay....CK

• Posted

Adrenaline rushes are the absolute worst.I have had these for 3 months every morning.They are starting to get less intense,but still there.I just try and deal,and pray for some normalcy.I too dread lying down,because of the mornings.I tried valerian root and it helped with sleep,but it appears to make me somewhat depressed the next day,and Idon't need any help with that.This whole journey is depressing.Hope it gets better soon.

God Bless,

Beth

• Posted

no its definitely nothing to do with peri or post because I get that too and I don't like it either. I also can get loud bangs going through my head and a horrible feeling going through my whole body. I found at one time lying on a particular side was worse than the other. I spoke to my doctor and its nothing to worry about. Think its more to do with doing too much and tiredness. Stress too plays a part. Just ask yourself are you stressed and are you always on your feet rushing around sorting everything out and being tired. It gets better all by itself then for an unknown reason it happens again. I can't change the person I am and I do worry. What about you.

• Posted

I used to get sleep paralasis in my 20's and 30's...I think it is stress related...considering all that was going on in my life in those years. it was the strangest thing trying to wake up out of it. felt like if I could only just move my baby finger...it would be ok but couldn't even move that! thank goodness it never lasted long when it happened. Just a trick of an overwhelmed brain I think. my father went through a time of it as well...in his 40s maybe. it really isn't anything to worry about as far as I know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.