Test Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with NAFLD since 2012 which i think is caused by my underactive thyroid which was diagnosed in 2013 though i've had symptoms of uat since 2011. my last ALT/SGPT serum level was 70 U/L so have had test again few weeks later and it has now gone up to 78. my kidney is reduced the GFR calculated was 57 mL/min last time but gone up to 60 where it usually is. i have had the GGT test this time which receptionist at docs said result was 193. i have a ultrasound scan booked for 19th February for my abdomen to see what's going on. does anyone know what the GGT test should be and what it indicates. thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I hope it's nothing bad as I had one in September and it was 92 one 2 weeks ago went up to 180 had another done Wednesday and get results next week so hope it's gone down what did your doc say
    • Posted

i have been having more pain than usual. since before i was diagnosed with uat i have felt really ill, as well as other health problems i have. i have steadily gone downhill until i can hardly do anything. the exhaustion is terrible, i sit in a chair all day. i know something is very wrong and it has been caused by uat because every cell in the body is connected to this. feel as though i'm dying a bit every day.
  • Posted

I hope it's nothing bad as I had one in September and it was 92 one 2 weeks ago went up to 180 had another done Wednesday and get results next week so hope it's gone down what did your doc say
  • Posted

Hi Jayne...GGT is normally related to your liver...do you drink alot of alcohol because that can play a big part in it being high...
    • Posted

2/3 glasses of wine a month wouldn't effect it though and that's all I drink so other than something drastic don't know what else it could be
  • Posted

Hi Can you tell me who told you or how you became aware there is a link between underactive thyroid and fatty liver. I have both but no one has every connected the two -  thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.