Test results

Posted , 3 users are following.

My esr and crp tests were borderline, which means slightly higher than 2 weeks ago. My GP thinks I could have IBS, but apparently there is no inflammation with IBS? Anyone else had this?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katy.  Are you being evaluated for any other symptoms?  The reason I ask is because doctors usually don’t consider crp or esr of major significance especially if it’s a minor rise in limits unless there are symptoms possibly pointing to a possible further work up.  It sounds like your doctor is sort of shining on your blood tests and for now saying it’s just ibs...but I’d you have other symptoms then it should all be taken in context.  And by the way Crp and esr can be elevated for many other reasons.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

Yes I had all the other classic IBS symptoms too but don't like it when my bloods are out of sync!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.