Test results

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just had my results back and would like some help regarding them.

TSH 3.14                    (mIU/L 0.27-4.20)

Free Thyroxine 12.40 (pmol/L 12.00 - 22.00)

Free T3 3.59               (pmol/L 3.10 - 6.80)

Thyroglobulin Antibody <10 (IU/ml 0.00 - 115.00)

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 77.9 (IU/mL 0.00 - 34)

Folate (serum) 6.34 (ug/L 2.91- 50.00)

CRP _ High Sensitivity 0.84 (mg/l 0.00 - 5.00)

Ferritin 136 (ug/L 13.00 - 150.00)

I had these tests privately as NHS will only test TSH but have been informed that all results are normal except Peroxidase antibodies and have been told to test again in 12 months.

I also have pernicious anaemia.

Looking at my results it seems that my freeT3 and T4 re only just in the normal range and along with antibodies present, this points toward Hashimotos (which is in the family) and  I don't feel that these results are normal.  Does anyone agree with me?  I really don't know where to turn now.  I am so tired all the time, I have put on 2 stone although I am on a continual diet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue,

Yes it does look like those are out of range. Most does go off of tsh only. And most of the time that is the only test some drs will ever do. If this dr is not willing to see the levels as being too low then you might want to consult and endocrine doctor to determine if you should be placed on medication. And have a repeat test done to make sure. If you have antibodies against your thyroid it will get worse over time.

• Posted

Thanks Melissa. It’s nice to know that someone agrees that my levels aren’t right even though they are in the “normal” range. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.