Test Results Advice/Trying to Concieve

Posted , 2 users are following.

New here and to thyroid testing, hoping to get advice on my test results while I wait for my first Endo appt (next avail is 2 months away). I do feel as though I have many hypo symptoms, though my GP said my numbers looked fine. Note: I am trying to conceive. From what I understand, for this, my TSH would ideally be between 1-2. I also read that my T3 should be in the upper range. These are the only thyroid related tests I’ve had thus far. Do you think they will recommend medication with these values? Advice on naturally raising T3 in the interim?

TSH: 2.259 uIL-ML (range .35-5.5, down from 2.62 after going gluten free)

Free T3: 236.4 PH/GL (range: 230-420)

Free T4: 1.15 NG/DL (8-1.8)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need OPTIMAL levels of IRON for converting T4 to T3/FT3. You also need optimal cortisol...not easy to test. Selenium and zinc are also important (but do not eat Brazil nuts because they have heavy levels of lead from Brazilian soil).

He didnt test for thyroid antibodies so maybe you don't have any known family history of.autoimmune issues?Ideally 8 hrs of sleep really.improves thyroid health. Dont go below the recommended daily calories because that will raise Reverse T3 and lower Free T3. There's more on other posts in this forum. Read as much as you can and you will.be very informed.

• Posted

Thanks so much, Mar. In your opinion, do my numbers raise any flags, or do they look “good” and require no action, as my doctor says? Appreciate the feedback.
  • Posted

To moderator is this about lead in Brazilian nuts? Just google lead levels in BRrazilian soil...extremely high maybe the Brazilian nut info will pop up. This is very.important.for pregnant. women and everybody..Brazil.is sprayed with the WORSE.CHEMICALS to get rid of mosquitoes. Lead is only part of the problem.
  • Posted

You are in the USA? Your Free T3 is on the low side optimal would be around 3.5 to 4.2.but that's what they recommend for people TAKING meds. When I was once around your range on a reduced dosage I didn't want reduced I.did not.feel so well. But you don't have to.take a med and hope it gets converted to T3. When you do get pregnant you should have your labs done because pregnancy puts a big strain on your thyroid. And people on thyroid meds have to up their dosage up to 50% over their pregnancy.

• Posted

A SHBG or sex hormone binding globulin test is a good test that shows tissue levels of thyroid hormone as long as your estrogen is in range.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.