Test results Hsv 1 & 2 can someone please help what does this mean

Posted , 7 users are following.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

• Posted

bout 8 months ago i broke out severly in lesions i disreguarded it thought it was from a yeast infection i had at the time and had sores i had cut myself with a razor bad so thought the yeast infected the cut i took myself to the hispital the swabbed tested for everything but no blood work was done came back negetive i slept woth somebody had sex and oral and anal literally a few weeks after i had those lesions so after going to

hospital and they told me i had nothimg i went back to my baby father im so scared i gave it to him so fast foward the 8 months last tuesday a little pimple popped up was not itchy or sore took myself back to the hospital and they swabbed me doctor broke the skin to get any liquid which was none and looked like a sore after fresh pink and does not crust over or turn yellow or green as infection would they drew blood these are my results im so scared ...

• Posted

what u experienced 8 months ago is wierd for sure. was there any sexual exposure at the time other than your husband. It's so low it could be a false positive, or your husband may have it and just asymptomatic and just may of infected u 8 months ago. after this whole time the number should be higher. a western blot test will give you the answers u seek

• Posted

i wasnt with the father of my son at the time we seperated id slept woth someone else then all those symptoms happened how do u know my results are so low im having a hard time reading my results and what they mean whats the hsv 38.70 mean thats what im trippen on is that high ? im so scared i went back to the father of my son ive been avoiding him ever since last tiesday due to me having a pimple like sore

• Posted

did the doctors talk to you about the results?

• Posted

i just got my results saturday night i havent went back yet my heart is so heavy im so scared

• Posted

what u experienced 8 months ago is wierd for sure. was there any sexual exposure at the time other than your husband. It's so low it could be a false positive, or your husband may have it and just asymptomatic and just may of infected u 8 months ago. after this whole time the number should be higher. a western blot test will give you the answers u seek

• Posted

according to your results u have tested positive for both hsv1 and hsv2

• Posted

igg detects recent or active outbreaks

• Posted

igg detects past exposure

igm recent infection

the ginecologist told me and also the general doctor.

igg is not for active obs

• Posted

i have a toddler whos 2 does this mean i cant kiss him im not understanding ive NEVER BROKE out on my mouth

• Posted

another question how can avoid transmission to my partner do i take valtrax daily f**k this changes everything .. im so devastated ... im not gonna talk to my father of my child anymore i gotta leave him alone i cant face him .

• Posted

yes! igg is for past exposure.. if anyone does not preents lesions the only way to know if they are active is to perfom a IGM because it means active or recent infection

• Posted

u can still kiss the virus isnt always present on the lips

• Posted

u can still have sex just because u have herpes dosnt mean u cant have sex

• Posted

jusy not when sores are present

• Posted

yes u definatly have hsv1 your results for hsv2 are a low positive but still classed as a positive

• Posted

but its present in my saliva ? even tho ive never had sores .

• Posted

but even when sores arent present i can still transmitt the virus due to shedding correct . im so sad ...

• Posted

take L LYSINE DAILY and yes valtrex will help transmission. but if you have been with him he may already have it. have him get a blood test. I know it may seem like the end of the world but it really isn’t. Thousands of people live a normal healthy lives and are happy who have it

• Posted

hes gonna kill me we been thru so much i cant even tell him im so scared my family is ruined it is the end of the world he already calls me names cuz i stepped out on him i dont wanna be verbally abused hes so mean im so sad .

• Posted

and its usually contagious when sores are present u can still kiss people and have sex

• Posted

u definatly have hsv1 and also u have tested a low positive for hsv2 so low the result could actually be false wat i would do is retest for hsv2 in 3 months time to see if the number rises which would confirm that u do have it

• Posted

thank u i am 😦 this is all new to me a journey ima have to deal with .

• Posted

a doctor will be able to explain things better it really int the end of he world

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.