Test results need help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can someone help me with these test results?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

According to the picture you have the regular cold sore herpes type 1 as high.  Thats very common, my friend whom has never been sexually active has over 41.0 in Type 1.  means you have high antibodies for Herpes type 1.

Herpes type 2, this lab indicates that  you are equivocal which means it may be an early infection. You should re-test in 3 months.  Most likely you recently contracted Genital Herpes and your body is starting to build up antibodies.  

I am on the same situation.  I am waiting from my test results and I had recently bumps and all though I never had blisters or sores.  It seems I may have contracted Herpes Type 2.

• Edited

Maybe I’m in denial but everything I have read shows that a test result of <0.91 means negative?

• Posted

yes, you are negative for HSV2 but positive for HSV1. if it were equivocal, your index value would be .91 not <.91

• Posted

hey may i ask what the difference between 0.91 and <0.91

• Edited

Hi Abdullah, per the paragraph on the original poster's results 0.91 could mean possible early infection while <0.91 (less than) is negative. Hope this helps 😃

• Posted

You have HSV1 which is the most common type (I also have this). Anyone who has cold sores on their mouth will have HSV1, but it can also be transmitted to the genitals (in my case, this happened). Outbreaks with this type are usually less frequent and over time you may even find you have none again. But as a woman, their is still a 4% chance with unprotected sex that you can pass this on to a partner, even if you have no outbreak. If you are the man who has herpes and could potentially pass it on the percentage increases slightly (I think around 8%). Hope that helps!
  • Posted

You have HSV-1, negative on HSV-2. HSV-1 could be oral (most common), or it could be genital. I'm assuming there was a reason you went and got tested. If it's because you were concerned about a sore below the belt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.