Tested positive for herpes hsv2 with a 1.37 range

Posted , 5 users are following.

Took a blood test through an at home kit from letsgetchecked. com for hsv1-2 came out positive with a 1.37. Anybody have any experience with at home testing for herpes are these accurate? Ive had vaginal burning for 2 months now and pain when i urinate and kidney pain but no noticeable sores or bumps. Also tested postive for a uti. Can this affect herpes test? Im trying to keep calm and hope that this is a false positive but i heard false positives are rare. Can somebody with any experience with herpes give me some advice? I would really appreciate it.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

im waiting on my results from letsgetchecked but last time i used them i got the basic 3 and it was accurate. do you have pics or anything visual going on?

• Posted

ive posted in previous discussions some pics of my vagina and everyone says everything looks fine down there . Nothing has changed no sores or bumps since feeling the burning sensation 2 months ago. The only time ive ever had a sore was in my mouth years ago. Can the test be wrong and i have hsv1 instead???? I tested negative for hsv1 tho

• Posted

Hey I think I responded to your other post, but try not to stress and take another blood test at an urgent care. It is a low positive and may be false. Also you can take the western blot test from their website, but that may take a few weeks and patience lol. If I were you I'd do both and if my results are negative then I would consider myself negative. Hope that helps.

• Posted

I will try to get tested again soon it is hard tho since the whole covid. Its hard to find clinics that test when there are no noticeable sores =(

I made an appointment at plaaned parenthood but they said they dont do blood testing. So ill try to find another place. Have u had similar issues with false positives?? Do u think my hsv1 got mistaken for hsv2? Cause in my life i have had oral sores a couple of times

• Posted

I actually have not. When I tested my value was like 0.4 or less I don't remember. I know that your value is quite low that's why I suggest re-testing for your peace of mind. Try an urgent care. They are good with blood tests usually, but I know it is hard with the covid crisis.

• Posted

my value is low but i just read that 0.9-3 means that i might not be currently fighting off the virus but that i did at some point =( so im sure i do have it even if i dont see any sores. Im just really confused. Ive had vaginal burning for 2 months now and nothing makes it go away and ive heard thats one of the symptoms of herpes but soon after the burning sores would appear but still no sores and the burning has been going on for a while. I read that somewhere herpes outbreaks dont usually last long so im wondering why the burning wont go away ive tried everything

• Posted

A basic blood test for herpes means not much. My state sexual health centre doesn't do one without symptoms as they are very unreliable and provide false positives and negatives

However if you have symptoms make sure you get checked out straight away

• Posted

so i got my results back and everything came good i had bv i asked her how accurate it was and she said they use the same labs as you would at a dr

• Posted

so I was misdiagnosed with HSV 2 for years. long story short i had burning and tingling for 3 months and nothing helped. I never had a lesion and valtrex did nothing. thats when the dr told me i had vulvodynia. i was diagnosed just on a blood test for herpes at 1.47. through my research any igg value between 1.1-3.5 needs to have a confirmation test such as the gold standard the western blot. There is a 50% chance that anyone who falls in that range is a false positive. i obtained by test through Terri Warren on the westover heights website. If i were you id get another Igg and if its relatively the same get a western blot. its the best test. I suspect this is a false positive.

• Posted

So i went to my gyno and he said he didnt see anything wrong. they only tested my pee and said i had a uti. I'm on antibiotics now for the uti but in dont think he got that i had vaginal burning like inside of me and around the entrance of my vagina and not just when i peed. The antibiotics seem to be helping with the burning during urination but i still constantly have vaginal burning. Im going to make another appointment to explain how my pain doesnt go away and to test me further. Maybe i also have vulvodynia. Can you get treatment for that? Did ur burning go away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.