Tested positive for herpes, i don’t know what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

5.0 for HSV 1

0.31 for HSV2

i dont know what to feel anymore, my life is ruined

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

The stigma around herpes is just about always worse than the condition itself. You just have to speak to your doctor about preventing flare ups and should be honest with future partners so the cycle doesn't continue. I am so, so sorry that this happened to you.

PS: A LOT more of the population has herpes than you think.

• Posted

hey there! let me make it clear to you your life is nowhere near over! my sister has hsv2 and she met her husband and they have a child together. you have your whole life ahead of you!

• Posted

you just have to watch out for outbreaks and they have medication to make then less frequent. she met him after she already had it and he didnt have a problem with it. someone who is into you will still want to be with you!

• Posted

You tested positive for HSV-1, not HSV-2. (Anything less than .90 is negative.)

Your life isn't ruined, I promise you!

Do the research, more than half of the population has HSV-1. Take 1,000 mg's of Lysine every day. You're going to be just fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.