Tested positive for hsv2 Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I ordered an online test kit for hsv1-2 and got a call this morning that I am positive for hsv2 😦 Couldnt really talk to the nurse the call kept dropping. I did hear her say the antibodies found were really low so could it be a false positive?! I dont have any sores on my genitals. I have been feeling burning down there and pelvic pain. Are these symptoms for hsv2?! Its so hard to find clinics that test for herpes unless there are sores! Can somebody tell me what to do im so upset about this and depressed 😦

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

my results were 1.37 and the positve range is 1-3 so mine is fairly low can this mean a false positive???

• Posted

i will i made an appointment for a swab test to be sure thanks for the reply!

• Posted

Hey,

was it an IGG test or igm? Also I would definitely get another blood test to confirm. How long ago was your "exposure"

• Posted

Hey tysm for replying! Hmm im not sure? I had a hard time connecting with them, had to call about 20 times to finally get through but signal kept cutting off so had to make it short. Does that make a difference in accuracy depending on which one it is?? And okay so i had my exposure around march 6 and got tested i believe may 3rd. So do u think i should swab and blood test? I currently dont see any sores or bumps around my genitals.But I heard that they can be inside you so you wouldnt be able to see, do u know if that is true??? If there are no visible sores will the swab test still be accurate?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.