Testicle atrophy and removal

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have Hypogonadatropic hypogonadism versus mild hyperprolactinaemia and hypothyroidism. Basically a micro tumour in my pituitary gland and a faulty thyroid gland.

This complex mixture has led to testicular atrophy in both testicles to the point where I was admitted to hospital as an emergency with testicular pain in the right side. I had surgery and had it removed in 2018. In December last year I had a replacement inserted, of which I'm not entirely impressed, (another story).

Since my op for the replacement insertion my left testicle is now becoming more painful and is decreasing in size, basically showing signs it is following the right ones pattern.

What is the prognosis for the removal of a second testicle, has anyone here had both removed. How have you coped and what problems have you encountered?

Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.