testicle attached to scrotum

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 3 weeks past the operation and was wondering if it was normal for the testicle to be attached to the scrotum? if it is normal does it go back to moving freely? if so how long did it take?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey- yeah. this happened to me. but its been like 3 years now. No pain but its annoying lol.

• Posted

Same here and also almost 4 years ago... sometimes I would like to insist that they do something so the testicle can move freely, but I don't know if it is a good idea or maybe just worse...

So is yours also very high, close to the penis, and hangs in a different angle? Do you know the cause why we have this issue?

• Posted

You have to see if it lets go with time. I have read briefs help, but when I read it it was too late for me since it was six months after my surgery. The way I understand this is that the wound from the surgery gets "glued" to the scrotum sometimes.

My advice is take it easy for the next couple of months and wear briefs.

And healthy eating helps perhaps with this too.

Some people here say it "lets go" after some months... You have to wait and see...

• Posted

I'm 10 months post-op, mine was caused by an abcess, possibly from a spell of bacterial prostatitis.

Left (operated) testicle is still attached to the scrotum, and is 'tighter' to my body, and slightly raised. It is still tender, but doesn't hurt.

My right testicle 'aches' because it is pushed aside by the position of the left one.

I wore briefs before, but they are essential now, I can't even wear boxers in bed. I also had the problem of finding briefs WITHOUT a front seam, as that really rubbed on the scar! I found some, but for a 68 year old are not really my usual style!

I should mention that the scar is less of an issue now, but well fitting briefs are essential for support.

I'm in the UK, and find that M&S briefs are dreadful - ones supposedly the same size vary greatly in fit.

I wear Kiniki 'Newton' briefs at present, Sloggi also are OK if you can get the normal style.

• Posted

I think the quality of surgery and competence a d knowledge of urologist surgeon who operated you are very important. A sonography can be taken to see inside. A 7 day antibiotics course should be taken and opinion of another reputed Urologist surgeon is required. Please don't delay

• Posted

thank you guys for the information I appreciate it

• Posted

Hi Guys. I had one operation 8 weeks ago. The testicle swelled up to the size of a small hard lemon so he put me in again last week for another operation. Apart from the swelling my scrotum healed to invisible. The follow up, my testicle is lodged up near my penis on right side and the 2/3s of the skin is stuck to the testicle. the testicle cannot move. the scrotum is stitched badly with lumps of hard skin.

It is only 5 days since my operation but I am not happy with the result but I don't think this is what I am left with 😦

• Posted

i had my surgery one week ago i am doing good as far as pain and i am still a bit swollen but i noticed a few days ago my testicle was attached to my scrotum in a way where its pulling on my penis a bit i have my follow up on Monday and I'm worried about my testicle staying like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.