Testicle attached to scrotum after sugery?

Posted , 8 users are following.

HI everyone, Im 32 had my first sugery 3 weeks ago had a hydrocele the size if a solfball fixed. was the most embarrassing thing i have ever been through. i lived with it for more than 5 years. the first week after sugery was very painfull. week 2 was not bad swelling went down rather fast with ice packs. week 3 stitches are know dissolved. But know i noticed when i move the testicle around the incison moves with it. like the nut sack was sawed to the nut?? is this possable

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Standard procedure ,I had 2 hydrocelectomy's in 5 months as some fluid came back after the first one. Both times they sewed the nut to the inside of the scrotum it will soften up over time. You may notice some swelling for as long as 3-6 months as well.
  • Posted

Hello Murph

I have not had my operation yet (end of month ) but my urologist said they do that to keep the testicle from twisting and also from hanging low and "cow belling" which I took as swinging side to side like the ringer in a bell. I supose that could get painful like clacking the other testicle. Anyway you could ask at your next appointment. Let us know if he explains it better.

• Edited

Just wanted to know if you still feel if your testicle is attached to the sac? I had my surgery 4 months ago and the hydrocle cannot "hang", when it is for example warm. 

• Edited

David,

No it dose not. I remember it took along time to let go maybe 6month give or take.

• Posted

I have another question: So 4 months after the surgery my testicle does not get to hang low (for example when it is warm) and the position of the testicle is awkward. I don't know if you had the same problem... If yes, did it get better with time? 

• Posted

Yeah. The doc stitches it the the sack. Can take some time to get back to normal. I rubbed were it feels like it's attached and that seemed to kinda speed it up.. but yes with time it will go back to normal. Can't remember for sure but your looking at 6 to 8 months.

• Posted

Hey David! I saw your comments around and I think that I have exactly the same problem as you. It has been only 10 days post operation. However, the left testi went down (when its warm) and the hydrocele operated right testi (is quite up and twisted). Its almost no pain and the incision healed very well.

However, it looks terrible. Not sure when can I exercise, or play sports again.

By the way, what happened to you after? Did it get "normal" again? if so, how did you do? and from when it got better?

Thanks in advance!

• Posted

I recently had my second hydrocelectomy surgery, this time on my right testicle, 10 years after having the repair done on my left testicle. I am six weeks in and just had my first post op checkup. I also have the feeling that my testicle has been sewed to my scrotum and i thought i would get an answer at this visit. When I got in my room the nurse practitioner came in and only asked how I felt and if I had any redness and didn't do an examination? Ive never had a surgery where the first post op visit/checkup where the actual doctor who performed the surgery wasn't there nor did the actual surgery site get examined? Is that normal? I tried to explain the feeling I had with the testicle and i got back mulitple responses that was not even close to what i was saying. The NP just said the doctor can look at it at my next 6 month checkup to see if something still isnt right. I was tempted to reschedule an appt with the urologist because i still feel like none of my questions got answered and i told the NP that there was discoloration red/pink color in the area in the last week but hadnt noticed it in the last day or so but they didnt seem concerned. idk should i just wait for 6 months and am i overreacting or try to go to the office again?

• Edited

hey did your testicle ever detach from the scrotum where it was stuck to? and is it hanging freely and normally now? i just had surgery 5-12-2021 and i have the same problem but when i explain it to the doctor in fine detail he seems to not know what im talking about when he's been doing this since the 90's, like if he knew he sewed the testicle to the scrotum say that dont act like you dont know what im explaining... how is yours doin now any issues?

• Posted

I just wanted to note that I went in for a hydrocelectomy surgical consult and the surgeon confirmed they do stitch the testicle to the scrotum wall. They do it so it doesn't get twisted. I noted that I have heard (from this forum) that this can create discomfort and he said that the surgeon will do their best to place it appropriately in its original location but he has not heard of anyone experience any long-term issues or discomfort with it though of course it is possible (and noted here). This is just to confirm this seems to be a real and legitimate part of the procedure but it is not intended to have any long term discomfort effects and those situations seem not common.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.