Testicle attaches to scrotum 3 years after hydrocelectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hydrocelectomy on my right testicle about 3 years ago. The surgery went smooth and the hydrocele never came back but my right testicle has been attached to the incision spot since the surgery. My doctor said it was normal at the post operation appointment and it would eventually unattach but it has been 3 years now and its still attached. It hangs a good amount lower than my left testicle but it never really causes me any pain or discomfort. The only thing that bothers me is that it is hanging lower than the other testicle because the incision wound that it's attached to is on the bottom of the scrotum. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Should I go to another doctor and try to get it fixed?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mikey If if is just an vanity thing, leave it. next minute they go in and make it worse. I had that happened to me Good Luck Mate

• Posted

Hey Mikey

Wow! my hydrocelectomy was 10 days ago and already I have been experiencing some things that I don't believe a part of the normal healing process or at least things are not progressing in the way that would make me believe that at the end of this I'm going to be normal. My left testicle does not descend like my right one does and it seems to be attached to my scrotum on the same side as my incision. I have been trying to convince myself that this is a result of the swelling and that this will resolve in time but there is an annoying voice in the back of my head that tells me that this could be a lifelong situation and it needs to be addressed. I see the doctor again on December 11th and on that date I will confront him with my non descending testicle and the fact that it no longer moves freely around in my scrotum as my right one does. As a matter of fact, the testicle sits up so high close to my penis that in order for me to use the bathroom I have to push down on the testicle. which sits horizontally mid-point in my scrotum, because I'm a bit on the heavy side and the pubic fat causes me to have to grab my penis and push my testicle down in order to use the bathroom , which is both uncomfortable and painful. I thought maybe I was losing my mind and being judgemental about the surgery unnecessarily, but reading what you wrote it seems that perhaps that is not the case. I'm hoping that there are no REAL issues but if the doctor tells me that this current situation will resolve itself over the next couple of months then that is the ONLY time that will be a provided before I go get another opinion because certainly this is unacceptable for me and it is uncomfortable. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not in pain because of its position constantly, but pain is caused whenever I need to use the bathroom and I'm concerned that because of how the testicle is sitting that both masturbation and sexual intercourse are both off the table indefinitely because they will require some physical movement in that area that would be aggressive and/or physically intense. As of today those are not my issues because I barely want to touch myself or think about being touched because of how uncomfortable things are, but these issues must be addressed in order for me to be able to approach normalcy or even acquire it again.

Your surgery was some time ago and perhaps you might want to get another opinion and have yourself revaluated as to why your testicle is sitting on one side of your scrotum because honestly I don't see myself waiting far beyond the 3-month mark before I seek out another doctor if the answer is I'm given by the primary doctor are not sufficient . My doctor already failed to provide comprehensive answers to my questions and believes that his one-word responses satisfies my curiosity and speaks to the reality of my circumstance , but know that if on the 11th I don't get the answers I want, or hear what I want to hear. his time ad my physician will become jeopardized and I will be looking to have someone else's evaluate my physiology with respect my scrotum, testicle in penis .

Lastly, I have noticed that the number erections and I have been experiencing has diminished substantially. I found myself being concerned because normally I would have several erections throughout the day and I would be annoyed that they would come and go as they pleased but now I find myself afraid that they are not coming back. Now, for today anyway, because I'm so afraid to touch myself, or be touched and because both masturbation and sex I'm not something I'm capable of being involved in currently, I accept that this all part of the healing process but that nagging voice in the back of my mind is telling me I'm going to have more issues down the road because of the surgery and especially if the testicle situation doesn't resolve itself. If it hurts me to go to the bathroom and this is without any type of force, can you imagine what that would be with something hitting up against my testicle repeatedly?

Looking back , I would avoid the surgery and settle for aspirating the hydrocele every 6 months because that would definitely be less traumatic to that region of my body and the long-term effects would be non-existent . Honestly, speaking only to my 10 days of experience , The Cure seems to be more destructive then the disease itself .

• Posted

Hi all , i have been going round in circles googling things and read some of these posts and thought someone might be able to help . i had my Op 3 days ago and pain has eased a little bit but i can feel something firm and flat inside my scrotum and wondered if anyone had has this. like a small fried egg. still very swollen down there it has even spread to my penis..... anyway hopefully someone can shed some light. Thanks all! j

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.