Testicle doesn't move down after cremaster muscle surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two months ago I had a surgery at the right cremaster muscle because my testicle sometimes moved up into my groin. Since then, the testicle hangs much higher than the other one. However, the upper part of my testicle (maybe the cremaster muscle) still feels hard and I have the feeling that it is still a little stuck to the inside of the scrotum. Will it move back down to normal?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Vincent,

Did this ever resolve itself? Where did they operate through your groin or the scrotum? If your cremaster was cut surely the testicle would hang lower not higher?

Thanks,

Paul

• Edited

Hi Paul,

they operated through the groin. Now the testicle still hangs a little higher but its almost not noticeable. However, the cremaster muscle is still sensitive and can hurt a little during high stress (eg . during sex). Do you know if this is still normal 11 months after surgery? ... I dont think that a nerve was damaged though.

Thank you,

Vincent

• Posted

Hi Vincent,

I'm not sure. I have a problem where my (only) testicle pulls up very high almost into to my groin whenever I need to use the toilet or lift any heavy weights and also sometimes with stress. I was due to have my cremaster muscle cut in April but this has been delayed due to corona virus. My doctor says he will operate through the scrotum instead of the groin as in his experience the cremaster muscle can sometimes re-attach or the lower fibres can sometimes still pull it up if they operate through the groin. If you have pain then its likely to be nerve damage if there is no other obvious problems like infection etc. I've been told my pain will probably continue but hopefully the uncomfortable pulling up can be resolved.

Thanks,

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.