Testicle on Angle with Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Three weeks ago I began to have pain in my left testicle. My testicles have always sat as normal, slightly leaning forward with the left hanging slightly lower than the right.

When this pain began, I noticed my left testicle looked like it was sitting on a 90 degree angle and then later looked like it was facing the other way, leaning backwards. The testicle went back to it's normal position after a few of hours.

I went to see a GP who believed it was an infection such as epididymitis or orchitis and gave me Ofloxacin for 2 weeks. 5 days into this treatment, the pain got worse and the testicle looked sideways and backwards again, I went to A&E worried it was a torsion. I was examined and told no torsion and again, just infection, they gave me strong painkillers and told me to continue with my antibiotics.

Last weekend, I finished my 2 weeks of antibiotics and felt 95% better. There was still slight pain in my testicle but only if it touched such as drying after a shower etc.

By Wednesday, the pain returned all of a sudden and once again, the testicle appeared sideways and/or backwards (I have attached a picture) I called NHS 111 who sent me to A&E. Once again, the examined me, found no sign of torsion. They sent me for an ultrasound and told me they do believe it's still an infection/inflammation and gave me new antibiotics to take for another 2 weeks.

The pain was okay the last two days however all of a sudden the testicle appears like it's facing the wrong way again and there's a lot of pain which is now radiating down my left leg.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Why is my testicle doing this? Anyone had a similar experience?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I don't suppose anyone has any idea? I've seen 2 urologists and they have no idea either!

They have mentioned an orchiopexy but have expressed concerns if they did one I may be in just as much if not even more long-term pain.

• Posted

Seven months later and the problem continues, usually on a daily basis. Had no help from urology yet, they're waiting to see if things improve (they're not).

It seems (although I could be wrong) that the testicle is falling forwards on itself and hanging at either a 90 degree angle or almost 180 degrees upside down.

• Posted

I can visually see the nut looks 180 after dealing with something similar myself.. what was your result

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.