Testicle same size as before surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hydrocelectomy 5 weeks ago. There is a bit of excess skin. The bigger testicle has not reduced much in size with surgery.

I am not really sure what is going on. Does the testicle generally reduce in size post surgery?

I got the surgery done because the size was a bit uncomfortable. Just wondering is this experience normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It can take up to 6 months for all swelling to go down my testicle is about the size of an egg now and i am 7 months out on my 3rd surgery(sometimes the fluid comes back). At 5 weeks i wouldnt get too concerned about it unless there is pain involved.
  • Posted

Mine went down to just a bit larger than normal due to swelling straight away, but within a couple of days it got larger. As long as it does not fill up again it should settle down, unfortunately mine re-filled twice. Had the operation three times and am glad to say that this time it has worked, although a bit big it seems to be settling down. Good luck with yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.