Testicle Shrinkage

Posted , 2 users are following.

Back in 1978 or 1979, my liver was enlarged, so I was told I had cirrhosis of the liver caused by drinking alcohol. At the time , I was drink only 2 beers a day, but only on Fridays. No other alcohol.

At that time the doctor stated the reason my testicles had shrunk was because of my drinking.

I stopped drinking but my testicles never grew back to normal. Why?

Because in 1980, I had a karotype blood test and it indicated that I had 47 chromosomes, which is why my testicles would never grow back to normal size. They are small and atrophied. Non functional. My testosterone levels is 34, so my body does not produce much testosterone. It should be over 200.

The reason I set up this subject is to inform men that alcohol is only one reason why testicles shrink.

If you have 47 chromosomes, you will normally have small testicles at puberty.

Also, if you are an elderly person, your age may be the cause of your testicles shrinking.

If you have a varicocele, your left testicle may have shrunk.

If you had testicular torsion, it means your spermatic cord has twisted around your testicle or both of them and you experience pain, it has cut off good to your testicles so that can cause shrinkage.

If you are taking anabolic steriods, for sports, or weightlifting, testicles can shrink.

The internet stated some males take estrogen, which may cause testicle shrinkage. Didn't know that could cause shrinkage.

If you have orchitis, which causes swelling of you testicles, shrinkage may occur.

If you got, mumps, your testicles can shrink.

If you get a sexually transmitted disease, your testicles may shrink.

Other causes, you may get a UTI, urinary tract infection or if you ever had a catheter inserted into you penis. Some gay men use a catheter as a sexual device.

The worse practice of using sexual devices (rope, rubber bands or castration devices) around your testicles can cause blood loss to your testicles, if left on too long, they can cause shrinkage.

If you get hormone replacement treatment, extra testosterone, this can cause testicle shrinkage.

If you think, your testicles are shrinking, please see a doctor immediately. There might a cure.

As I indicated above, my urology doctors. assumed since I was a alcoholic, that was the reason I had small testicles.

If you don't like the doctors response, go to another doctor. Never assume you have 47chromosomes. I am a xyx male. The internet and medical journals use the term xxy, as my condition.

I assume I have not covered everything that can cause testicle shrinkage on this post. I am not a medical doctor.

I hope you have the courage to talk to a doctor about your shrinking testicles, don't assume they will laugh at you because they probably deal with this medical problem everyday.

Good luck

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.