Testicle size after the surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

It has been 4 months since the my hydrocelectomy surgery. My left side testicle has shrunk significantly and but is still as large as an egg, double the size of my right one. I don't feel much pain or discomfort, and my doctor said this might be the new normal i just need to live with.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Frank,

8 weeks ago I had my first op and all seemed to go ok and I healed perfectly. But the right testicle swelling never reduced and I was left with testicle between the size of an egg and lemon. I went back for the post op 4 weeks after the op expecting him to say the swelling will go down eventually. He looked concerned and said I needed a further op which occurred 5 days ago.

What a mess. My right testicle is lodged hard up into the top of my scrotum and 2/3s of the testicle surface now has scrotum attached. The stitching is bad leaving huge hard lumps.

If I was you, if you have no pain and you can otherwise live with it as it is, don't do what I did and get another operation. I am 58 so my days of being vain are behind me. I only hope I am not left with pain or discomfort. Good Luck, let me know how you go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.