Testicle ultrasound

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

My boyfriend has had left testicular pain on and off for the last couple of weeks, as well as piles. He was treated for the piles and last week GP said they seemed to have gone, and he was referred for an ultrasound for the testicle pain as he has had twisted testicle in the past. Anyhow, two/three days ago he had blood when he had a bowel movement and it has freaked him out a bit. Fast forward to today and his ultrasound they said that everything in his testicles looked okay apart from prominent veins, they then said that they needed to scan his kidneys but he doesn't know why and he is freaking out majorly, and thinks he has cancer or something! He will be 26 in April.

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it could be a varicocle. Nothing life threatening and fairly easily treated. The blood in the bowel movement is more then likely related to the piles. At 26 it would be incredibly unlikely to be bowel cancer.

• Posted

I should probably add the reason why they are scanning his kidneys is more then likely to check for something called nut cracker syndrome. it's pretty standard practice if they find a varicocle. More then likely its going to be completely fine and not worth worrying about. A lot of men have varicoceles somewhere in the region of 15% I believe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.