Testicles Gigantic 5 days post surgery need suggestions

Posted , 3 users are following.

filled with liquid its firm , hard , painful , immobilizing .

the rest is tolerable and improving including large incision

i know this is common but i didnt expect it to be this bad

how long does this last? what can i do to mitigate

thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Steven, if you are worried speak to your surgeon but as I saw your message I did not want to leave you hanging and worrying. It's been 3 years now since my operation but I remember being very swollen, black & blue down there which slowly reduced over about a week. It was very uncomfortable for a while but as I was resting and off work just another part of the healing process albeit slightly worrying at the time. Rest up and I hope you are feeling much better soon.

• Edited

btw, I posted a post op diary a couple of years ago, if you go back through my posts. Everyone is different though but I guess some of us follow similar paths to recovery. It does take longer than what some would lead you to believe though.

• Posted

It is possible you could have a bacterial infection that has resulted in epididymitis. I would call the doc's office and see if they recommend a urinalysis/urine culture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.