Testicular adrenal rest tumors

Posted , 2 users are following.

So im a 23 yo male and i was diagnosed with testicualr adrenal rest tumors the beinging of the year. I have 4 tumors under 1cm on my right ball and 5 on my left with 1 being over 1cm. Im constantly in pain to the point where it'll double me over or feel like my balls are going back inside of me. What can i do for the pain. The doctors dont know what to do. Hoping by asking other guys i might get ideas. Anything helps

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear of the pain Aaron.

If it's getting to the point where it doubles you up then I'd suggest going to see Dr and asking for some heavy duty pain relief.

Pregabalin might be worth a thought but they can take time to work up to an effective dose level.

Faster hitting pain meds would be the opiates based ones such as tramadol or morphine sulphate tablets, Zomorph as an example.

Problem is if they think this is likely to be long term pain / issues for you then the opiate based meds could be addictive. Getting off morphine after an extended period isn't nice.

It might be he'd consider prescribing opiate based for when pain is crippling but at other times recommend over counter types.

Sometimes non med based solutions can help. You might have tried some of these, or all, I appreciate that.

Very tight / supportive underwear

Jock strap

Heat pack - wrap wheat bag in towel

Cold pack - wrap bag of frozen stuff, peas ideal, in towel

Words of caution though depending on pain type heat or cold can trigger pain.

Alternating hot / cold pack can greatly help. 10 mins hot, 10 mins cold and ten mins hot again every few hours.

Any pain in the groin area always seems very intense due to a very localised area and an area jam packed with nerve receptors.

Really hope you get the pain under control.

• Posted

PVP Sadly the pain is long term. They have me on meds now to try and help with the pain. Im on dexamethasone 0.5mg tablet they are trying horomone therapy now. I really dont want to be perscribed anything with opiates just to be safe. It just sucks having this pain. There next option is surgery to remove them
    • Posted

Opiates are totally safe as short term measure and will provide you with huge relief, don't be a martyr to the pain. Just have them as a reserve for when pain is at its worst. Low dosing with strict following of Dr's guidelines will ensure.

Sorry to hear it is long term :-( I have long term pain in that area so I know how cruel that pain is. Just keep chin up and keep battling through but reaching out to Dr's when needed.

Option to remove? Tumours or testicles? If testicles the vast majority of surgeons refuse to remove them as there is never any guarantee that it will cure the pain and could leave phantom pains and / or further complications - mind you even with that in mind I am still pushing myself for that surgery

Dexamethasone  is not a pain treater to a large degree, it is a corticosteroid first and foremost - so it looks like you definitely need some serious pain releif

• Posted

Yea the tumors i have are located within the testicals so if they did remove them the whole testical would have to go sad. The only thing they have me takimg for pain is ibuprofen when needed. I've been trying to keep a chin up but the pain will come at worst time. Like I'll be just driving and im im pain

• Posted

Ibuprofen for groin pain is not ideal, yes it will help any inflamations but it is not a huge pain killer.

What you can do on that basis is add paracetamol (unless allergic that is) and alternate the dosing so that would mean you have a constant amount of pain relief.

You have to allow 4hrs between each dose of the SAME medicine but can add the other in and allow 4hrs between that.

For example

08:00 Ibuprofen

10:00 paracetamol

12:00 ibuprofen

14:00 paracetamol

16:00 ibuprofen

18:00 paracetamol

20:00 ibuprofen

22:00 paracetamol

The above keeps it to 4 doses of each med within guidelines and it gives constant pain relief through the day. Brufen on its own would mean when you take the 2nd dose the 1st dose is waning which means the pain relief is less and will take some time to come back up. Whereas this is constant. All you would have to be careful of is to ensure no other meds than contain brufen or paracetamol are taken.

I know how very very hard it can be to keep chin up :-( unrelenting pain takes a very heavy toll on both body and mind; those not in pain or who have not experienced intense long term pain struggle to understand what it can do to a person and what it can take out of them.

I totally get your concern re opiates but for intense / chronic pain you really need to move to stronger meds, you can't go on with the level of pain in the groin and get by on brufen. You need quality of life as well. Gabapentin is more subtle and can be exceptionally good at hitting pain as is Pregabalin - both would take a little while to become effective in the body but the relief they could bring ans as far as I recall both are non opiate.

Whatever happens I hope the pain eases for you

take care

Marc

• Posted

Thanks marc for all your help sir. I'll give it a try anything would help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.