Testicular bruising?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is something that has been going on for about a week now, but I can't seem to find any information online.

I'm a 29 year old (white) male.

On the left side of my scrotum, starting from the bottom of the testicle and going up to the base of the penis, there is purple discoloration just under the skin, very similar to the way a bruise would look.

I have not sustained any injury, and I have not been with any partners. The first three days it started with very mild dull pain (barley noticable unless pressure was put on it), then went away. There is currently no pain, or any type of discharge , and no blood in urine or semen. The only thing is the dark purple discoloration which seems to reduce and increase in darkness from day to day. I do have a doctor's appointment, but it's not until the end of the month. I was hoping someone might have some ideas as to the cause for this. Everything else I found online has symptoms such as pain, bleeding, injury induced, or discharge, yet I have none of these symptoms. Could this just be a broken blood vessel under the skin? I'm honestly at a lose

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

few things it could be it could be a problem with the capillaries under the skin usually its caused by trauma or injury but if u say u havnt had anything like that it could also be a circulation issue were the blood isnt flowing around as it should be or could be hyperpigmentation there are other possible things it could be but usually theres other symptoms the best thing to do would be to attend ur doctors appointment as i dont think u will get an exact answer on here

• Posted

hyperpigmentation can happen as a result of inflammation if u have had pain for a few days it could be something to do with the discoloration

• Posted

u may just have burst a vessel discoloration can spread along it like a bruise

• Posted

assuming it was something like that would you know if that needs treatment, or is it something that heals on its own? as mentioned I do have a doctor's appointment, but the earliest time they had was at the end of the month

• Posted

if it was just a burst vessel or capillary or something along those like it will heal its self no treatment would be required i would get it checked to be on the safe side

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.