Testicular Pain Remedies / Tips for Treatment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All,

I thought I'd share some of my homeopathic remedies for reducing the pain, discomfort and irritable attributes of scrotal/testicular regional pain after spending literally hundreds of hours researching (and test-casing on myself) this concern for many years, re:

Me: 59 yo / 6'1" / 170 lbs. / No health issues other than the following, re: Diagnosis: Chronic, non-infectious/non-bacterial Epididymitis Cause: Idiopathic (unknown cause) / Symptoms: when stressed by poor diet or strain, 10/10 pain-level "pulses" in left testicle region most pronounced when needing to have a BM / Ultrasound observations: excess flow in lower epididymital tail in left epididymis (+ 2mm cyst on top of right testicle - harmless/painless) / My opinion of the root cause: Daily Bicycling for approximately 20 years (I believe this is the root cause of my current problems) // Ancillary observations: 1) chronic, non-infectious/non-bacterial prostatitis (pain free but frequent urination 2x/hr, 24/7) 2) Bi-lateral, hernia mesh repair 8 yrs. ago (hernia operations do tend to correlate to testicular pain symptoms)

1. Diet - what you ingest definitely correlates to pain levels IMHO - at least in my experience - I've found alcohol can be anywhere from mildly irritating to downright brutal a related to testicular pain. This is really a bummer for me because I love Beer! I'm going to try non-alcoholic beer as they're supposed to be getting "better."

Suggestions:

FOODS TO AVOID:

-Avoid sodas, high sugar intake, vegetable oil and greasy food.

• Stay away from foods that cause inflammation, re: starches, donuts, white breads, cake, ice cream,

dairy products, etc. Replace cow's milk with Oat Milk (use that on my cereal)

-Avoid high-sodium foods!! Avoid: frozen dinners, pizza, pasta sauces, etc. Look at the labels - it's

that simple - anything over 50 mg, stay away from, period.

-Alcohol - everyone's different, I get it, but over-do it here and you're asking for trouble...

DRINKS / FOODS TO PURSUE:

-Hydration!!! Drink at least 2 liters of spring water per day (not tap water and not "purified" water

unless you have no other choice, then save your money and skip purified as that is just filtered tap

water) - if you do a lot of sweating, drink at least 30% more than the aforementioned. Tom Brady,

love him or hate him, is quite amazing at the age of 43 and winning a Super Bowl - he drinks about

200 ounces (6 liters!) of electrolytically-based water daily (note, though, he is working out a lot &

sweating a lot, thus, don't do this just because he does unless you do a ton of cardio).

-Veggie-Up!! Yep, here we go again, all those nutrients, minerals, etc. from veggies are really good for

you!

-Grilled Fish or Fowl - avoid red meat (especially processed meat) as it's difficult-to-digest composition WILL most likely give your testicular region grief! If and when I eat read meat, it's usually ground asopposed to straight-up steak

1. Holistic Treatments

Typically, testicular pain is rooted in some type of inflammatory response by either an infection or your body's defensive mechanisms (bacterial trauma, blunt-force trauma, etc.), thus, I've pursued anti-

inflammatory herbs, etc.

Best overall: Turmeric - unfortunately for me, I have a genetic predisposition toward kidney stones and got a beauty last week - it was huge but not too painful to pass - in essence, Turmeric is LOADED with oxalates (found in high levels in chocolates, rhubarb, spinach and more), thus, be forewarned - I was taking turmeric for about 2 years in fairly low doses (about 1/3 of the RDA) so now I have to shift to other herbs, re:

Boswelia

Olive leaf extract

Grapeseed powder

Saw palmetto - for prostate health

Alive for over 55 Men's vitamins

Flaxseed powder - about 2 TSP/day

Sitz baths with warm water

Turmeric with the aforementioned yielded astoundingly favorable pain relief. Now, with turmeric out of the equation, the pain is still manageable but hard to tell - need to wait another few weeks for full

benefit.

I procure all of my herbals from Amazon carefully checking out the reviews to be sure. All of them are

4.5 star review products.

1. Ejaculation - this can be tricky because if you have had some sort of recent trauma in that region either via blunt force or infection, you will want to refrain until any swelling / pain subsides as are you're just going to further aggravate/irritate the symptoms. In general, t is recommended to ejaculate at least once/week, thus, use reasonable discretion there. In regards to those with partners, you will have to discuss your need to go "real slow" so you do not further injure your testicles. If you are ejaculating alone, doing so in a hot shower is highly recommended with the shower toward your back. Unfortunately for me (or maybe fortunately for me from others' perspectives) I have the opposite condition of ED (Erectile Dysfunction) - Priapism - it's not fun when you have scrotal pain whereby the arousal function & sustain is ridiculously reactive (high arousal rate even with the most sublime stimuli and sometimes none at all, re: involuntary), i.e.; if you have an erectile reaction while you are watching a certain TV program or viewing some material on the internet that is of a very attractive / suggestive type (an individual that excites you) and you are stimulated accordingly (re: erection), you'll need to be careful about the duration of the erection. In other words, if you encounter an erection that lasts longer than several minutes and you do not "relieve" that erection in short order, I have found not relieving will definitely create correlative pain in the scrotal region.

2. Exercise - I hike with my pup 5 miles per day - even though you believe you should not move much due to pain, etc., walking (other than in extreme circumstances) will increase your blood flow throughout your body including the critical, scrotal region. I shifted from heavier weight lifting to stretch bands for upper body. I do not recommend groin stretching or heavy leg exercising with weights as that tends to aggravate the scrotal region. Stay away from ab exercises - walking will be a moderately effective tone-producer.

3. Sitting - Yep, you got it - I have found that it seems that one might need to do everything they can NOT to sit much - and I totally get it as most jobs require sitting in front of a computer all day but anything you can do to get a stand up system at your computer rewards you in major returns. This is probably the single-most impactful pain reducer that I have noticed. I agree that at my age (and for those who are older) it is very fatiguing to stand for hours on end. I've even thought about purchasing an old milk truck or step van whereby you can drive standing up!!! If you have to p**s, you simply pull over in that nasty traffic jam, go to the back of the truck & enjoy the relief in privacy with your portable urinal bottle!!

4. Voiding - if you feel you have to urinate, even if it's 3x/hr., GO!!!! Do NOT "Hold it in!!" I guarantee you will amp up your testicular pain holding back the urge to urinate. Do not take the risk of "holding it in..." I cannot tell you how many CEO meetings I've been in where I'll just step out to go... BE BOLD and do not be bashful... and to heck with those "camels" who can sit for hours on end without p*****g because I guarantee you they're most likely severely dehydrated and don't even know it... (you'll hear them complain of headaches or being hungry all the time, etc.).

5. BM's - yes, we've all heard that the range for folks going #2 is anywhere from 5x/day to 1x/week. IMHO, if you are not having a BM at least 1x/day, then you are creating pressure on the scrotal region. Typically, those who do not have a BM at least 1x/day, are those who are chronically dehydrated (see Hyrdation above). I go 3-4x/day and I am certain this a significantly favorable effect on my pain levels.

6. Medical Professionals - as you can imagine, there are good Dr's and and Dr's out there just like there are good mechanics and bad mechanics. I recommend being as proactive as possible and remember, YOU are in charge and YOU call the shots. If your instincts are bothering you about a treatment plan or doctor, get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion especially before going under the knife. For me, taking a knife to that region of the body really bothers my instincts. Of note, orchiectomies (surgically removing testicle(s), has a high failure rate) in regards to pain reduction/elimination - in some cases, the pain is worse. I know you're probably like me and sometimes think "just cut these damn things off!!! when the pain gets so bad ... not so fast on that thought though... I think of urologists as a "tool" to enabling the most optimal decision about my treatment as possible. There are tests, scans, etc. that medical professionals can prescribe that will greatly augment your long-term care decision-making.

7. Psychological - if anyone were ever to tell you that "your problem is in your head," you might want to head in the other direction. I've heard this diagnosis in the past not only for myself but many other folks - it's almost always a cop-out because they just don't know the diagnosis.

Disclaimer: All of the aforementioned is simply a sharing of information, results, observations, etc. specific to myself. I am in no way, shape or form recommending or not recommending anything in a formal sense to anyone.

Good luck to all & hope this info. helps a bit!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There are exceptions to this. Not all the time foods and eating habits make a difference to genitals per se. Its how we condition the body that counts most of all. I suppose vitamins and minerals do make a slight difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.