Testicular pain/swelling (37 years) - Prostate? Epididymitis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently turned 37. Have had discomfort in my right testicle for nearly 12 months. Initially it was mild and didn't really bother me and was only aggravated by excessive sex/masturbation. About 6 months ago it started to swell occasionally, but there was practically no pain. I figured I must have just bumped it and it would swell occasionally during overuse as some injuries do if not left to heal. About two months ago the pain suddenly became unbearable and I went to see a doctor. I had a ultra sound scan of my testes and it came back negative (no tumor, cancer etc). The doc diagnosed me with Epididymitis and prescribed anti-biotics. The pain improved, but I wasn't sure if it was result of the anti-biotics or near complete abstinence from sex/masturbation. I finished the anti-biotics but the pain has not gone away. It has improved, but probably because I completely cut out sex and rarely masturbate. Im now starting to get pain in my other testicle and Im experiencing pain when I urinate, with the feeling that I need to continually urinate. I consulted three doctors initially but have yet to consult one again since the urination pain and second testicular pain. Im still waiting to see a urologist.

Any ideas what is wrong? Im guessing it might be something wrong with my prostate as Epididymitis is usually isolated to one teste. Also, Ive been tested and don't have any Std's and a urinary tract infection seems unlikely after having completed the course of antibiotics.. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Doesn't look like a lot of responses in here. I would try the urinary tract forum as they are more poised to address questions. I hope you get some answers. I want to ask some questions but I don't see anyone helping. Let me know how it goes and what steps you're taking.

Justin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.