Testicular self examination question (I'm little bit worried)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently I've started regularly checking my testicles for any lumps after a few years of not doing it. I've noticed few things for which I'm not quite sure whether I noticed them before and I need someone who can relate to this for reassurance before I jump to conclusions.

First, orientation of my testicles is not the same. It appears that one testicle is differently oriented in the scrotum from another one by a certain angle. Is this normal?

In the back side of one of my testicles (left one) not far from the bottom I can feel a tiny (about the width of a needle) straight line attached to my testicle which can be felt for like 1 and 1.5 cm until the point where it either disappears or is disattached from my testicle. This line is really tiny in both width and bulge (I'd say less than 1 mm) and seems to have a regular shape. Since it's so narrow it's hard to say whether it's hard or soft. Does the lower end of epididymis feel like this when touched by a finger or this is something to worry about? I had a hard time finding the similar pattern in other testicle (maybe because of different orientation?), but I managed to do so in a shower. This line on the other testicle feels the same way, although it's much harder to find and it doesn't appear to be so pronounced as it appears to be even smaller than the other one. If this is really epididymis, is it normal for it to be slightly larger and easier to find on one testicle?

Thank you very much for your replies

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hey man,

i have similar thing this line on the bottom of the left testicle after the epididymis, however, the one i have is hard and it's a bit larger than what you describe the doctor checked and i did ultrasound all fine. but i have a pain that does not go away i don't know why.

Don't worry to much if it gets larger within a week or few weeks or you get pain go to a gp.

have a good weekend

• Posted

Thanks for your answer.

So I guess this line is a normal part of a testicle's anatomy? Did your doctor told you what this could be? According to some diagrams this could be lower part of epididymis... Mine is perhaps hard too but it's very narrow that it's so hard to tell about its consistency. It feels as if a needle is placed there or a little bit thicker hair if you know what I mean.

I don't have any pain there but I read that 25% cases of testicular pain are idiopathic, in other words "no known cause"... so I guess you'll just have to wait until it resolves by itself

• Posted

testicle do not sit the same they are different don't worry about that and i have had pain in mine since i was 35 and now 57 if you can't feel any lumps you should be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.