Testicular Tube (epididymis?) Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, for the last few years (maybe 7 years or so - I'm mid forties now) I get a pain in my groin when I haven't ejaculated for a few days. I think the pain is in the tube to my left testicle rather than the testicle itself although it does seem to cause pain anywhere from the top of my left testicle to my lower abdomen. Once I've had sex, the pain goes after a couple of hours and if ejaculation is consistently within the 3 day time period, the pain doesn't occur. 

It's not a pain that is completely unbearable or paralysing, it's more of a mild ache with much discomfort. However, the ache is exacerbated if my underwear rides (boxer briefs) or the area around my left testicle is tightened by clothing etc.

As I've had this for quite a few years (although originally the time frame between ejaculation and the pain was more like 5 to 7 days a couple of years ago and is now 2 and a half to 3 days) I've been reluctant to see the GP about it. I can't seem to find any other forums where someone is suffering the exact same issue so hopefully someone can tell me what might be causing this.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sid, you have my sincere sympathies. I'm 49 and I've had prostatitis for the past 2 years and recently had a bladder neck incision which my uro hopes will ease things. Unfortunately, to complicate matters, I started getting a constant pain/ache in my left testicle about 10 weeks ago and it won't budge. Ejaculation can help a little, but it's like someone's pulling on it! I have a follow up with my uro in a couple of weeks and I'm going to ask him to look into it. Might be, as you say epididymis, though I had 2 lots of Cipro recently and I'd have thought that might have cleared things up. Things also seem to get rather warm down there and itchy down there for me, but various creams, including a prescription one from the doc, haven't helped much. I'm happily married so it's not a sexually transmitted thing. Heaven knows what's going on, but if I get any answers, I'll be sure to post. Some speak of nerves getting trapped in the lower back and this, apparently, can cause referred pain. I do have problems with my back so it could be this causing my pain. A guy called Gary Crowley has posted videos on Your Tube - search for 'Gary Crowley testicle pain'. He might be onto something. Possibly could help you. I'm still trying to work out if the exercises help me or not! Sorry this post hasn't help you much, but you're certainly not alone! I hope you get some relief or answers soon.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Nick. I'll keep my eye out for your follow up. Hopefully it's nothing serious and easily identifiable by your Uro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.