Testing for GH. .

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I was wondering when can I officially know if I do or don't have GH. Like how long should I wait to get tested. 8 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, a year?? how long has it taken someone to get a positive? and if it attacks your nerve systems, why would it show up in your blood.?? is it possible to have it and it not show up in your blood?? if someone could please try and answer these it would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

the antibodies show up in your blood. But be advised that blood tests are highly inaccurate.

• Posted

so no matter the wait time, it'll be inaccurate??

• Posted

possibly. The CDC does not recommend blood tests for herpes if there are no symptoms.

• Posted

the cdc doesnt recommend it without symptoms because the emotional trauma and issues that come with a diagnosis of herpes is far worse than the actual virus (which is literally harmless). So they figure, better not knowing.

• Posted

That isn't true. Blood tests are VERY accurate once your body has had enough time to develop antibodies (12-16 weeks after exposure), just make sure it is the correct test, an IgG. Never take an IgM test, those ones are entirely useless when testing for HSV in adults.

• Posted

I've read a lot that they aren't because GH is in your nervous system. and that testing only works when its active. I have been having a lot of issues after I had protected sex with someone that has GH and have been getting tested. they have all been negative but my issues are still there.

• Posted

What you've heard about testing for an "active" infection relates to the old, incorrect and inaccurate igm. As previously stated, the IgG is extremely accurate, so long as your body has had enough time to develop antibodies.

When you test for something that repeatedly comes out negative, the best course of action is to pursue other causes. You would be amazed to hear about how often anxiety causes herpes "symptoms". What issues are you having specifically that makes you think herpes is the cause? How long after exposure were you tested, and what type of test was performed?

• Posted

well first off I ended up having sex with some hg+ with a condom. then I had a strange feeling that turned to tingling that turned to irritation and rawness all within the first week and just on my clit. had an inflamed clit with cuts on the side. then it has continued to be irritated on and off for the past 4 months. I have also had trouble going pee, where I would no long feel like the need to go, and all I would, was the pain of pressure that my bladder was full. that lasted like maybe a month. I have also had some recurring abdominal pain on an off. I have an itchy butt on and off. I also had a burning sensation on my thighs for about a month. I haven't found any lesions. but i do get these tiny spots on the side, which look like fordyce spots. then I also have these pimple like spots spread all around that you can barely see, and mostly when you stretch the skin. I have gotten tested at 12 weeks it was negative. I've also read that people have random pains and aches that come from having hg. and since it's in your nerve system what it your body doesn't build any antibodies. so yea.

• Posted

have you ever returned to take the IgG test for herpes? did u get an accurate result yet?

• Posted

so I got tested at 5 months came back negative. but today I found tears on my butthole and it's been like 10 months now and I'm going in to get tested on Thursday. so will see what happens.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat as you. I have and had similar symptoms that lasted months after sex with gh+ women and was told gh doesn't last that long. my 7 month igg is also negative. I even went as far as a western blot at 5 1/2 months and it too was negative. I don't trust it cause they say the igG will be first to detect anyway. I haven't seen any lesions either. do you have hsv1 by chance if not I'd be certain you are clear of hsv2. antibodies would of been detected at 5 months for sure. I wish u the best of luck. keep us posted on your results. I too plan on retesting next month.

• Posted

good luck on your results hopefully everything comes back normal. just curious if u went to a Dr office or lab from online place.

• Posted

So, the blood test doesnt test for the live virus, it tests for the antibodies. The virus doesn't show up in your blood.

For an IGG test (which is the most accurate), 4 months is the earliest recommended since by then your body should have had enough time to built the antibodies to test positive.

I was diagnosed with HSV2 genitally beginning of may by a swab (which is the ideal method, as long as its within 72 hours of them showing up, since it tests for the actual virus), anywho, ive done a ton of research trying to come to terms with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.