Testosterone added! 😁

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies! I had a sub-cervical hysterectomy and one ovary removed 15 years ago. Started on .o5 Viville Dot patch (estradiol) almost 4 years ago. Work great, but several months ago up started having hot flashes and found out I had reached menopause. So my patch was bumped up to .1 and added Vagifem tablet. All these years my doc kept telling me i also needed testosterone, but her practice was very busy and every year the nurse didn't change my prescription to the patch with both estradiol and testosterone. Well, I recently changed docs, and my new doc just added a compounded 2.5 mg testosterone gel. It's only been 3 days, but I'm wondering if any one else has used testosterone and what your results have been. All of my hrt are bio-identical. Oh, and I'm 54 years old. Thanks for any feedback any of you ladies care to provide about your personal results.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi JoyNett,

I've been on compounded bio identical creams also. Mine is a combo of estrodial and estriol and the other is testosterone. Mine are creams that I apply on my labia daily. I rub progesterone cream on daily also because I still have my uterus.  I started off low on my hormones and worked my way up by having my labs checked regularly and going by my symptoms.  I think testosterone is a very big part of hormone replacement. Afterall women have had testosterone their whole life too. My Dr. started my off at 2mg and I am now up to 8mg. I feel real good. Testosterone has helped me in the intimacy department. Mainly sensitivity and achieving orgasms more which were getting harder to get once I went into menopause.  I think it helps overall well being and when used with those other hormones completes the package nicely. I have no regrets and will stay on my bio's from here on out. 

• Posted

It's great to find someone who is having great success! I'm starting to feel a bit more energetic and I feel like I'm able to push my workouts harder. It's almost been 3 weeks since I added the testosterone, so I'm looking forward to even better results!!

• Posted

hi there. i was prescribed femoston and testosteron gel  which is produced for men but to use it in smaller dosages. I have not started hrt yet and was wandering what is the gel you use for testosteron? also I cannot understand what is bioindentical terapy, is it different from hrt drugs?  i am so confused. 
    • Posted

The testosterone I'm using is just testosterone that's been compounded at a small dose customized for me. The bio identical hormones are ones that are like the ones our bodies produce, so our bodies accept them naturally. Other hrt are structurally different on a molecular level.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.