Testosterone, sex, RSO suppository - what shall we do when it comes to prostate cancer?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, my uncle has a prostate cancer: gleason 3 + 4. He's been wondering about a couple of things when it comes to dealing with PC, and how to approach them. (He's from Poland and can't speak English, so i'm his voice here, and we'll be grateful for any help)

Firstly:  The level of testosterone. In his case, should he try to lower the level of testosterone or increase it?

Secondly, what about sex? is it good to have it often to release the sperm (so it doesn't stand over inside) or does it not matter at all?

And thirdly, what do you think about RSO suppositories? Any experiences? Have they been useful in decreasing the prostate cancer?

And maybe a bit general question... Any other ideas? What else can my uncle do to decrease his prostate?

Thank you very much in advance for sharing.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What are the doctors saying about how to treat it?

Lower testosterone is what is needed, as it feeds the cancer, but not sure how that would be achieved unless a specific Hormone (testosterone lowering) drug is prescribed.

Sex - yes recommended to improve chances of not getting PC in the first place, but not to cure it.

RSO (Rick Simson Oil or simply Cannabis oil) - lots of positive results but expensive to make unless you can make your own from your own plants. Best taken orally.

Good Luck!

• Posted

First, deal with doctors that have a lot of experience with  prostate cancer patients.

You mentioned, a Gleason 3+4. How many samples had cancer and what grade?

When did he get the biopsy? What was the PSA reading?

Testosterone feeds cancer cells.

There are some hormone injections that will slow down the testosterone production.

How old is he?

• Posted

Firstly, you need to talk to the oncologist and hear what they recommend. But to answer what I can:

Testosterone increases the growth of the cancer cells so they will most likely give him tablets or injections to decrease testosterone.

Sex makes no difference to anything. He can have a normal sex life.

I don't know about the suppositories, I haven't heard of them.

Depending on the grade and spread of the cancer they may offer radiotherapy or surgery to remove the prostate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.