Tests for allergies to dental materials

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have LP and also have white streaks in my mouth.  I am thinking of having implants and wanted to do tests for sensitivity to dental materials prior to the procedure.  Anyone having LP done such tests? And what type of test did you do?

Appreciate any info.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Layla,  I have had to have most of my teeth pulled due to LP.  I have spoke with my 

dentist and an oral surgeon who also does implants and both told me that because

of LP I was not a good candidate for implants or dentures.  Talk about shock, I had tears start and blubbered out how do I eat, not thinking of course blender!  I feel like it's the end of the world but I know it's not.  I have severe fibromyalgia, and a dibilitating back problem. Lupus, bad hip and knee and neck.  The LP is places it 

shouldn't be!  No cure!  Please let me know what happens with your implants.

ill be praying for you.

• Posted

Hi Layla 

I have LP and have had dental implants and I also know another lady who had implants, much better than dentures! Dentures only aggravate LP!! You will be fine 

• Posted

Hi Debbie 

It's up and down really! How old are you! I'm 59! Really didn't want dentures! And they would just aggravate it! 

• Posted

I read somewhere about specific tests can be done to test sensitivity for dental materials and if positive, removing such material could help OLP.  Anyone know of what type of tests should be done or refer to threads that have such information.

Thanks,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.