Tests for chrones - ibd - fibromyalgia-syndrome - ibs - reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

im getting clear blood counts each time but i have horrible symptoms so its not making sense

was anyone else diagnosed with any of the above and had clear blood counts and if so how do you get diagnosed

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi yes i get clear blood resuluts but had calprotectin in stool and also had a small patch of imflammation in small bowel. im awating a pill cam at the moment but gastro are pretty certain i have Ibd. what symptoms do you have?

• Posted

its a big list

pins needles hand

vertgio or brain fog

chest pain

throat closing up

all of above probably acid reflux

muscle pain in oarticular neck

bloated stomoch

constant gurgerling

had watery stools for weeks and some blood but not recent

somtimes bad pain in stomoch or intestines comes and goes

fatigue all the time

• Posted

Hello James,

Go to A&E and ask them to do an x-ray of your abdomen - your stomach area and bowel area. Especially if you have had any pains or anything. From the x-ray they will be able to see if there is any inflammation.

All of my blood tests came back clear every time. Finally they decided to do an x-ray and I was admitted to hospital immediately.

Hopefully this helps. All the best.

• Posted

im not sure a and e would do an x ray if i just rolled up right ?

doctors refural takes three or so weeks for x ray

what did you have?

• Posted

Hello

Okay maybe it works different for you. I am in Northern Ireland so it could be different.

I went to A&E because I was in pain and they did blood tests and stool samples but nothing was showing up. so I just asked if there were any other tests they could do and they decided to do an x-ray. it only took 2minutes.

• Posted

Hello

Okay maybe it works different for you. I am in Northern Ireland so it could be different.

I went to A&E because I was in pain and they did blood tests and stool samples but nothing was showing up. so I just asked if there were any other tests they could do and they decided to do an x-ray. it only took 2minutes.

• Posted

maybe if i went with pain i might be seen

like severe pain

so after your x ray what happened then ? what did you - do you have

• Posted

Yeah because every time I went they kept turning me away. eventually I was vomiting and was so weak. I told them I'm in so much pain I need help. once they go the x-ray results the said we have to keep you in hospital something is wrong inflammation has shown up on x-ray. then I had a cat scan and a colonoscopy and a few days later I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. I was put on a course of steroids and some other medication to get me back to a healthier state and now I'm awaiting long term medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.